MIA Hotels with shuttles

jalynn

I don't ask for much...just a clean, safe, cheap hotel with a free airport shuttle and a free cruise terminal shuttle. I had planned to stay at the Airport Days Inn, but then I read the reviews....Then I considered LaQuinta, and then I read the reviews... I know that most people who post reviews are posting due to a negative experience, so I take them with a grain of salt. But I trust my CC buddies' opinions.

I'd like to be in a location with a nice restaurant and some shops nearby (walking distance) and in an area safe enough to walk in. Does anyone know of a hotel with at least a free airport shuttle? Or maybe I should just give in and stay at the HOliday Inn near the port...

thanks for any suggestions/advice!

Jo Ann

The Hyatt Summerfield Suites in Miami offers a free airport shuttle. If you are flying into MIA, they will pick you up from the airport upon arrival.

If you are flying into FLL, you can take the train (WWW.Tri-rail.Com) to MIA for $3 pp from what I read on CC and then call the hotel to pick you up. Much cheaper than a cab and they offer free breakfast.

The Hyatt Summerfield Suites in Miami offers a free airport shuttle. If you are flying into MIA, they will pick you up from the airport upon arrival.

If you are flying into FLL, you can take the train (WWW.Tri-rail.Com) to MIA for $3 pp from what I read on CC and then call the hotel to pick you up. Much cheaper than a cab and they offer free breakfast.

Is this the Hyatt Summerfield Suites Miami Airport hotel?

Thanks.

There are actually lots of airport hotels that offer free transportation to and from the airport - Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn, Hilton, Summerfield, etc... But, most of them charge for a shuttle to the port. From what I have found in researching for my group of 27 traveling in October, we are going to take the free shuttle to the hotel and then call a cab the next day to the port. Miami, unlike some other large cities, charges a "per cab" rate instead of a "per person" rate for taxis. So, if you have 1 person or 4, it is the same price. That is the best think I have come up with so far. I have looked into shuttle services and rental cars, but a taxi still seems to be the cheapest and most readily available option.

As far as the hotels go, the Summerfield Suites is ranked the best on TripAdvisor.com for the Miami airport area, followed closely by the Hampton Inn Airport Blue Lagoon.

Archived