Need Itinerary help with 3 nights in Alice Springs-Uluru area

swdke

I need help planning an itinerary for visiting the Alice Springs-Uluru area. I am planning a holiday to Australia and have on hold flight reservations that take me into Alice Springs arriving at 10:05 am on a Tuesday, and departing three nights later from Alice Springs at 8:35 am on a Friday.

My primary interest is to visit Uluru, Kings Canyon, and the Oglas, and whatever there is to see and do in Alice Springs. Given my time there, what do you recommend in terms of an itinerary on how I can accomplish seeing these sights during my short stay. I think I wish to rent a car at Alice Springs and drive myself to these destinations, but other than that, I am not familiar with where to go, stay, and options of what to do. I guess I am looking for the logistics on how to make it work.

Without knowing much about the area, I assume that upon arrival Tuesday at 10:05 am, it might be best I make my way to Uluru, or Kings Canyon because upon my return, I have to depart at 8:35 am Friday from Alice Springs. Therefore it will probably be best that I overnight in Alice Springs on Thursday, the night before. I guess I wish I could fly into Alice Springs, and out of Ayers Rock airport to save me from having to drive all the way back to Alice Springs, but flight times departing Ayers Rock airport are not convenient.

I look forward to your advice and recommendations, thank you.

I think you are on the right track ...

My suggestion:

• Transfer from Alice to Kings Canyon on Tuesday. Here is a link to some options: http://www.kingscanyonresort.com.au/getting-there/
  • Transfer to Uluru on Wednesday. Sightsee the Olgas in afternoon.If you can afford it, "Sounds of Silence Dinner" that night
  • Sightsee Uluru Thursday morning and depart for Alice in the afternoon
  • Depart Alice Friday morning

I think you are on the right track ...

My suggestion:

• Transfer from Alice to Kings Canyon on Tuesday. Here is a link to some options: http://www.kingscanyonresort.com.au/getting-there/
  • Transfer to Uluru on Wednesday. Sightsee the Olgas in afternoon.If you can afford it, "Sounds of Silence Dinner" that night
  • Sightsee Uluru Thursday morning and depart for Alice in the afternoon
  • Depart Alice Friday morning

Great information, thank you so much. Just what I was looking for.

Archived