Fuel surcharge

seapenarth

I am surprised you did not hear about it. Seabourn sent out notices and then revised invoices for every booking and advised each travel agent as well. (The notices and invoices would have gone to your TA if you booked through one.)

There is also a notation on each fare quoted on its site: "Prices above do not include a fuel supplement of $5 per guest, per day.*"

I am surprised you did not hear about it. Seabourn sent out notices and then revised invoices for every booking and advised each travel agent as well. (The notices and invoices would have gone to your TA if you booked through one.)

There is also a notation on each fare quoted on its site: "Prices above do not include a fuel supplement of $5 per guest, per day.*"

Maybe as the surcharge is in dollars Brits will not have to pay it :p

• 1 month later...

I notice on the Seabourn site that there is now a Fuel surcharge of £2.5 per day for UK travellers. I am sure I read that the original surcharge would not apply in the Uk, but I am due to pay balance soon but have recieved no notification of this new charge from Seaboun. Has anybody else received anything ???

Seabourn did not give the relevant authorities (gov't) sufficient notice and as a result the surcharges had to be reversed in Canada and I presume the UK.

Interestingly enough we recieved a cheque for the reimbursement with our tickets for our upcoming cruise.

Archived