Penthouse Suite on the Glory??

waterguy2003_01

I dont think that a cat 12 is called a penthouse suite on Carnival and you may be setting yourself up for dissappointment. I have seen penthouse suites on NCL and RCCL. Now those are pent house suites--especially the NCL One. (even had its own butlers.)

I have pics of an 11. (are they the same just on different decks?)

Waterguy,

You are indeed correct that Carnival calls their cat. 12 'Penthouse Suite' and Serene is correct that it sounds more wonderful than it really is. I had a 12 on the Conquest, and I loved the spaciousness. That spaciousness is exactly what you are paying for.

Other than priority embarkation there really are no other perks. As for how the cat. 12 compares to cat. 11 it's definitely more space. The 12 has a larger sitting area, seperate dressing room with sink, larger bathroom w/double sinks, and on the Conquest a bidet. There were three double sided closets plus the usual set of drawers. Cabinets above and below the the TV and drawers in the dressing room provided extra storage. There was a VCR. I would be happy to email you some pics if you wanted.

You won't be disappointed with the spaciousness of the 12! If you were looking for more in the way of perks, it won't satisfy.

Vince

ripleysmom,

I wouldn't mind at all sending you some pics. Checked your public profile for an email address, and you're not listing it. Clicked on the 'send an email message' link, and the message says you don't wish to receive emails. If you'll email me your email address, I'll get them out to you...

Vince - vfgjnkml@charter.net

Darn Vince- I wanna see too but all I get is an error message that i am not logged on

An error has occurred.

You do not appear to be the owner of this album.

Make sure you are logged in.

Please push the Back button on your browser to correct this problem.

Thank you.

Serene,

It's a Sony CDMavica 3.2 megapixels. It shoots directly onto mini compact disk which you can then pop right into your computer later. No memory sticks or transferring pics... Yes, I've been very pleased with the pictures it takes.

Vince

Serene,

It's ultra easy! And yes if you like special features there are tons. It's bigger than some of the tiny little cameras I've seen, but that's the tradeoff for shooting directly to the mini CDs... it has to be large enough to hold the disk. It can also shoot movie clips as large as the disk will allow.

Sony says each disk will hold about 80 photos at the best resolution settings. The last time I bought disks I got a 15 pack and that was about $10, so they're not at all expensive. The disks are not affected by xray so there's no worry about putting your camera thru them.

Another nice feature I forgot to mention is the camera can be connected via included cables to a tv, for full screen viewing. It's definitely a nice camera. I took pics with it at Alcatraz and with a nice clear sky, the colors came out really beautifully.

Vince

Archived