best way to attach new luggage tags

hlb76

I am a bit nervous about the new luggage tags. We received our Doc a week ago but Carnival did a price drop so we upgraded to a OV for a small price now we have to print out our new tags. I have read a bit about everyone either using contact paper or packing tape to make them more sturdy but how do you attach them? We will be flying in same day so would hate to have them ripped off during flight. Thought we would attach them at the airport or port. I do not want to travel with a stapler, don't think I could make it through airport security with one either. Call me old fashion I liked the old one that had the elastic band. Thanks in advance.

I went to Walmart and got some lamenting thingys in the office supply area. They were around 2 dollars. I lamenated them, and put a hole in with a hole punch.

I am taking them along, and after we get them from airport, I am going to attach them with the plastic zip strips. You can also get them at walmart cheap. We had lots on hand so it was no problem.

They look very sturdy and should hold up fine.

I do not want to travel with a stapler, don't think I could make it through airport security with one either. Call me old fashion I liked the old one that had the elastic band. Thanks in advance.

We actually stapled the tags on, and YES, we traveled with a stapler. We put it in checked baggage though, and it was so incredibly annoying. It worked, but I would go with a different idea.

We received the tags in our documents and then printed ones out online. I like the ones offered online a little better as they are bigger and easier to work with.

I wrote the last name of the person on the tag, laminated the luggage tags and then put a single hole punch in each luggage tag. We will then use the zip ties (or something very similar) to attach them to the luggage. I think it will hold up, I am just worried about getting the luggage to the cabin. It seems that all the tags are the same color and harder for the porters to take care of ;(

We triple folded the paper as instructed and stapled the ends together - no problem. However, this is the tackiest thing Carnival has ever done - it really looks terrible and cheap! :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad: :eek:

Why can't you take a bunch of luggage tags they have at the airport (you know the ones the airlines give out) and take the rubber band tie they use and attach them to your Carnival luggage tag? Or find the same kind around your house, on a bottle of jam, chocolates, ect. All you need is that little rubbery piece of string.

Fold them over a 3x5 index card and secure them with tape. then punch a hole and use a thick rubber band or zip tie. Just a suggestion I have put together with all the great help from everyone on these boards oh and my PVP.:D Thanks

In the last minute hustle in cruising after a holiday I forgot to laminate our luggage tags or bring something to attach them with. I ended up just waiting until we got to the dock and used some of the old fashion tags they had available. If you have lots of bags you might print out sticky labels with all your info on them, and then just stick them on the old tags at the pier.

Archived