Balcony Discount

I know I've seen threads about discounts for booking balcony cabins -- I think for Crown and Anchor members -- but, do you have to be a certain level to get this benefit? Thanks!

Platinum level or higher.

And it is not automatic, you have to "beg" for it since the C&A data base is not linked to the reservation data base.

You would think giving them your C&A number would automatically kick in the balcony discount on your booking, but you have to ask.

I've never had to beg for it. We are D+ and have sailed in balcony cabins almost exclusively for a long time. We have only had to mention it to our TA or to RCCL directly when we booked through them and it was taken care of.

I am Diamond, sailing alone in balcony cabin on Voyager 1/20/08. C&A gave me 200.00 off the cabin. Our 15 night Hawaii cruise on Serenade 10/07 they gave us 300.00 off our balcony. Even though we have always liked sailing on RCCL and the balcony discounts are good, we are considering changing lines because of the menus and food. We were very disappointed on Serenade. I'll decide after this January cruise whether I will cancel our Mariner cruise 09/08. It's too bad because we got really good price for Mariner, but the quality of food has been steadily going downhill over the years.

Archived