Quick question about hair....

I searched and found a few really pretty pics on formal night hair. But I am really inept usually at 'doing' my own hair. I have long, thick, straight auborn hair. I'd love to put it up one night, but not sure what the heck to do with it.

I will say, a really helpful poster posted a really cute thing to do with a rolled up sock cuff, and a hairband that really looked cute on me. And it was easy to follow. Does anyone have any pictures or blow by blows for me? I want to look pretty - but I really don't want to spend money and time in the salon.... I know you ladies usually have some great ideas for hair.

Thanks!

I searched and found a few really pretty pics on formal night hair. But I am really inept usually at 'doing' my own hair. I have long, thick, straight auborn hair. I'd love to put it up one night, but not sure what the heck to do with it.

I will say, a really helpful poster posted a really cute thing to do with a rolled up sock cuff, and a hairband that really looked cute on me. And it was easy to follow. Does anyone have any pictures or blow by blows for me? I want to look pretty - but I really don't want to spend money and time in the salon.... I know you ladies usually have some great ideas for hair.

Thanks!

How long is long hair? I have almost waist length straight brown hair (with bits of grey poking through). I'm also 31 y/o (I only mention this as you might not agree with my hairstyles depending on your age) (no offence meant BTW).

I'm a fan of pigtail braids (like a farmgirl) - and hair sticks (with one or two buns). I've also done a bun where the end hair was clipped to my head with a - (crap I forget what they are called) - looks like a big metal "roach clip" with decorative floral design.

I've also done with either the top half or all of my hair (due to the length) where I started to make the bun, but instead of going the 2-3 times around (with the winding) - I only go once, and pull the rest through the middle and secure with hair sticks so it looks like a ponytail with hair sticks.

If you want - I can do these and post some pics (assuming the other half feels like taking photos of my head)...just let me know.

Hope these help....:cool:

How long is long hair? I have almost waist length straight brown hair (with bits of grey poking through). I'm also 31 y/o (I only mention this as you might not agree with my hairstyles depending on your age) (no offence meant BTW).

I'm a fan of pigtail braids (like a farmgirl) - and hair sticks (with one or two buns). I've also done a bun where the end hair was clipped to my head with a - (crap I forget what they are called) - looks like a big metal "roach clip" with decorative floral design.

I've also done with either the top half or all of my hair (due to the length) where I started to make the bun, but instead of going the 2-3 times around (with the winding) - I only go once, and pull the rest through the middle and secure with hair sticks so it looks like a ponytail with hair sticks.

If you want - I can do these and post some pics (assuming the other half feels like taking photos of my head)...just let me know.

Hope these help....:cool:

Oh that would be so great! It's past my chest and Im 33 so perfect age group! I would really appreciate it! Thanks so much (if your other half doesn't mind:D )

I have shoulder length, very thick hair that gets straighter in direct relation to humidity levels. And it's very heavy.

I like to leave it down or use a headband, but if I'm desperate, I'll pile it loosely on my head with clips. I only use my fingers so it stays a bit messy and I let a few wisps sneak out. Play around with it and try not to fuss to much - that bedraggled look can be very sexy in the right light with the right dress.

If you go with the old rule, put your hair up when your neckline goes down, you'll take years off your face - honestly!

If you go with the old rule, put your hair up when your neckline goes down, you'll take years off your face - honestly!

If I took years off my face - I'd look even more underage then I already do ! LOL !!!

I'll try and get the other half to take photos tonight of the hairstyles I talked about above....possibly so I can post them late tonight or tomorrow...

Archived