Fascination, tender or pier in Cozumel?

bgcruiser

We are on the 1/21 sailing and I'm trying to find out if the ship gets to dock at Cozumel. On the Inspiration last year we had to tender secondary to storm related pier destruction. I am hoping that we get to dock but the Fascination doesn't even arrive in Cozumel till 1pm. Any recent experience?

When i sailed her in September we docked, I think the name of the pier was International pier, there was only one other ship in when we were there and they were docked at the other pier don't know the name but we were farther from downtown

Thanks for the replys! I looked at the port calendar site and saw that we will be one of nine boats in Cozumel that day. Just worried that the large number of ships, coupled with our later arrival means tendering. i just don't know how many boats can dock at a time? Anyone know the answer?

Coz only takes two at the pier. We had to tender from Fascination over Christmas. bummer... And let me tell you - it was VERY SLOW getting everyone off the ship. It was at least 1.5-2 hours before everyone got off who wanted to. It was the absolute worst tender situation I'd ever seen - and that was with only 6 ships in port that day.

Thanks for the info. I was pretty sure we would be tendering. Bummer. Last year on the Inspiration we had to tender in both GC(of course) and Cozumel. Both times we almost missed our tour, and several others did. The worst part about it was these were Carnival arranged excusions, not on your own, take a chance that things work out excusions. You would think the tendering situation would be better organized. But I guess it will always be difficult.

Anyone out there with any tendering "secrets" they care to share?

I just sailed the Fascination in November and we docked at the pier. We were not at the downtown pier but we were docked. I remember having to help friends navigate from Senior Frogs & 1/2 to get back to the ship :D

My daughter was just on the Fascination December 10-14. She said they docked in Cozumel, but it wasn't the same place we docked when we were there on the Disney Magic a few years ago (right near downtown). She didn't realize how far away they were as they were walking into town. Needless to say, they took a taxi back at the end of the day.

I re-checked the cruisecal.com site and actually there are only six boats on the schedule for Cozumel on 1/23, thats better than nine! Only one Carnival ship. Does that mean we might actuaaly be docked at Punta Langosta? Do only Carnival ships use this pier?

I have been told that the International Pier is owned by Royal Caribbean (they probably paid to rebuild it) and if they havea ship in port they get first dibs on that pier. There is another pier Puerta Maya (something like that) close to the International Pier that Carnival owns and is rebuilding. The Langosta pier is used by all other ships, but Carnival will dock there too. I was told that because two RCI ships are in port that day along with our ship (Conquest) and one other ship (Oceana) the RCI's will take the Int'l and we'll dock at Langosta, which makes me happy because I didn't want to cab it into town to go shopping.

We were there he week before Christmas and the Fantasy and Ectasy docked downtown. RC had two ships at the international pier which is right on the edge of town. The termianal which I think is called Punta Langusta which is closer to the beaches had no ships and when drove by did not even look like it was up and running.

Archived