Cancelling question - Please help!

emen822

I have a cruise booked for this March for 4 people (2 rooms) and one person might not be able to come. Originally I was going to cancel the whole trip but we got such a great deal and I REALLY want to see Aruba. ;) If I had to cancel one passenger, would my room change to a single supplement? Should I wait it out and see if someone else can come with me? What if I don't cancel the other passenger at all and just 3 of us show up? Any other ideas?? Please help! :o

The same thing happened to me. I was unable to find someone, so I cancelled the other person and sailing as a single. I still paid base fare for two people, but they removed the port charges and tax for the other person. Just a tip, if you can find someone to go with you, tell them all they would need to pay is the port charges and tax for themselves, in my case would have been around 221.21. It's amazing how many people would be willing to pay 221.21 for a 7 night cruise. it would have been a heck of a deal for my cruise but the dates didn't work out for anyone I knew. Of course if paying the single supplement is more than you want to pay to go alone, than that is a different story. In your case yes, you could show up with 3 but you would have had to eat the port charges and tax for the second person. I would hold out for awhile before cancelling to see if you can drag someone else with you..

Hi,

I went through the same thing last year. I scrambled around to find someone to go because canceling would of cost me more than trying to find someone. I was able to find someone at the last minute. I lost the fair for the ticket because I didn't charge them the ticket only the port charges and taxes. If you can try to find someone by all means do. You shouldn't have to cancel because one person backs out. Don't wait to long though. If you think you need to cancel then by all means do. The longer you wait the more money you stand to lose. I hope all works out.

Have a great time if you decide to go.

Rey 323

Archived