Thoughts on the Spirit?

Hey Jerseygirl! We're on her on March 5, so I can answer this on Mar 14th (gotta give me a day to recoup!)! No matter what happens we are planning on having a great time! Someone else to cook & clean, somebody else to drive, no changing hotels every night of a journey, dang! How can it be bad?! :D Good food, good company, and very little responsibility! I was going to say no responsibility, but we do have to make sure we get back to the ship on time when we go into port, and not get so drunk we fall overboard! :rolleyes: Other than that, I think we're golden!

Just wondering what everyones thoughts on the Spirit are. We are sailing her in November and I haven't read much about her so wanted to get some advice and thoughts from you all.

I've been on the Spirit twice - 8 day Mexican Riviera and 12 day Hawaii. I love her. She's a great ship. Both cruises were lots of fun.

We're the same as Kathy above one 8 plus one 12 day and we have a B2B booked in the spring 8 and 7 day Mexico.

The Spirit is a terrific ship. Lots to do and good entertainment. The cabins are spacious and the ship is very easy to navigate.

Any specific questions I and fellow board memebers would be happy try to answer them.

LOVE HER, LOVE HER, LOVE HER! AND THE CREW IS AWESOME ALSO! :D

(yes I know I'm shouting!) I'll be on her again on 4/13 for the 6th time and can't wait. Just say good morning/afternoon/evening to every crew memeber you pass or actually plan to talk to and it will all be great .......... the crew has always been the most friendly of the ships I've sailed on.

If you have any specific questions, ask and I'll try to answer them for you.

I also love the Spirit...been on her Jan. 2003, Dec 2006 and coming up, Oct. of this year. If you go to Member reviews, you can read lots about here. Also, use the search engine and put in "Spirit"....Trust me, there is plenty to read.

Thank you I know that there are some great ships and crew and some not so great so I am SO happy to hear this especially after our last cruise...we were not pleased with the ship as much as others bc it wasn't as easy to navigate and the crew was definitely not as friendly as on our Miracle...as well...our cabin steward sucked royally so I am so excited now! Only 308 more days for me UGH that's killer!

• 4 weeks later...

Loved loved loved it! Went in '04 and going again this year. Loved the lobby, nice and big and comfy, great people watching area. Loved having a glass of wine there before dinner. Loved the room, food, entertainment, ease of getting around, decorum, CD pool area, itinerary. Gosh I can't think of anything I didn't like! If have any specific concerns post them and we will try and get them answered for you! Have super time!

I am on the same cruise as the OP. Can you give specific comparisons of the Spirit vs the pride? I have been on the Pride, and didn't really like the ship, or the entertainment on board.

I can't give any comparisons as I haven't been on the Pride, sorry! Would looking at the Carnival web site and then looking at the ship help?

We went on the Spirit twice 2002 and 2003.Won't do that again. Found out if you go on the same ship with in 5 years the show in the theatre is the same.

Things were not great on either crusie but the CD that we had has now since left. hopefully whoever is the new CD is better and they have worked out the gitches.

I swore up and down after that, that we would never choose Carnival again...well never say Never...We are booked on the sister ship the Pride for a family reunion cruise in November this year. And given the choice of NCL of Carnival I chose Carnival.

We had some great experinces and some not so great ones but heck how ofter can you get three generations together at one place in this day and age. I'm looking forward to it.

Haven't heard much about Jeff Bronson but he was in training when we were on the Spirit in 2003.Any know anything about what he is like as a CD?

Archived