Eli's Eco tour or Xtreme tour???

lynnquenby

Hey guys - I have a question? It says that we are docking in Antigua at 7am....is that 7am their time?....will that be different than ship time? I'm only asking because on the confirmation it says to meet them at such and such time....was wondering what time that really means? Haha....I am now really confusing myself.

Hi All

My wife suffers from motion sickness. When the boat is moving she is usually ok but sitting in the water bobbing up and down is sure chum for the fish.

For any of you who have been on this tour how calm/rough are the seas and often do you sit in one place without being in the water?

Thanks

Unless your wife chooses not to participate in an activity, for instance the climb at Hells Gate or snorkeling, there's not a lot of sitting bobbing around. You're either moving (getting from place to place, cruising through the mangrove area, etc.), or doing something (swimming, climbing, hiking, eating :D ). Sea bands or a patch should do her nicely, if she needs.

My husband just pointed out I goofed, sorry! My last post referred to the Eco Tour. However, the same applies to Xtreme. Unless she stays on the boat at the snorkeling stop, or at the stingrays, the boat's moving. Lunch is sometimes served on the boat, but you're in very shallow water at the time, so there's not a lot of bobbing and motion.

Antigua is one of the stops on the cruise we are doing on 2/28 on RCCL Serenade....already looking into this for a excursion, would prolly charter the boat for the day since our group be large.....plus we already did the stingrays in Grand Cayman so by chartering it we can bypass that and maybe do something else within the area of antigua...maybe powerboat over to Monserrat? That would make some great pics and video.

Glad to see all the good reveiws..

Antigua is one of the stops on the cruise we are doing on 2/28 on RCCL Serenade....already looking into this for a excursion, would prolly charter the boat for the day since our group be large.....plus we already did the stingrays in Grand Cayman so by chartering it we can bypass that and maybe do something else within the area of antigua...maybe powerboat over to Monserrat? That would make some great pics and video.

Glad to see all the good reveiws..

Are you talking about 2/28/08? If so, I'd e-mail them quickly and check to see if this is possible.

2/28/09

That's good to hear :D . It still may be worth the time it would take to e-mail them and ask if the trip over to Montserrat is practically doable by boat (even one as fast Xtreme), in the space of a port call. I know even going to Barbuda on Xtreme isn't practical during a cruise ship port call. When Eli heads over there on Xtreme, he leaves very early in the morning.

Thanks for all of the great reviews & information. Although we won't be there until late next year, Antiqua has been the challenge for me to find an activity. DH also get's seasick on catamaran type's of boats. I watched the video for the Xtreme Tour and this one looks perfect! I am going to show him the video tonite and see what he says. Thanks everyone! :)

I just returned from Antigua on 2/2. I was on RCI's Serenade. The Eco tour is similar to the other tour as far as length of time and food. We too were picked up a little late on the dock. I sure was biting my nails when I rounded a corner and found a catamaran with about 60 people on board. I thought this was our "ship". You can imagine my relieve when someone said not so and to wait a few mins. for Eli. Sure enough, he came in after the big boat left the dock. We had about 20 people on the tour. We too had JD Trevor and Chris. Also, we stopped on an island (the big cat was there too) for lunch. Had the best barbequed chicken. Also, plaintains, pasta salad, tossed salad and banana bread. We didn't get the rum punch until the ride home after snorkeling.

It is true, the tour is a little slow at times. But they guys do love their island and have so much info. I never felt sick or any rocking of the boat. The waters were pretty calm. At Hell's Gate you had the opportunity to walk over and on the top of the gate or to snorkel. Very pretty site - lots of coral heads and fish. We swam all the way to the front where the Atlantic meets the Caribbean - the water got a little rough at this point. I felt like I was fighting the current in order to get back in.

I don't think you can go wrong with either tour. These guys are professionals and love their island. They give a great tour.

Good luck and have fun.

It's a limestone and coral formation in Antigua's North Sound. It's got a tide pool, a blowhole, a cave, and a cool bridge to walk over. If you go to www.adventureantigua.com, there are a couple of pictures of it. There's the big, obvious one, and then the one right below it is a calm pool at the base, where you can sit and relax. The tour takes you climbing to the top, through the cave-like area. It's not a tough climb. I can't do the rock wall on the ship, but I can easily climb Hells Gate.

Archived