BOOKED Sun Princess Feb 09

Whoey

Hi all,

For those of you who have read my ramblings about family of five problems with affordability for cruising - solution found!!!

S904 Feb 6th Sun Princess out of Melbourne - home town YAY (no flights to Sydney, just a taxi ride) - we managed to get 2 cabins (twin and triple) for 12 night cruise to the islands under $8000 :) literally half price.

The reason it is so cheap, princess is offering select (cheaper) cabins at 50% off and we managed to get almost exactly 55% off by asking nicely and we do have a great agent - very helpful person! Inside cabins for that price so no bells and whistles however a 4 star ship and cheaper then P&O could do for Pacific Dawn on a similar 11 night cruise.

That is great value and leaves us some spending money from my budget of $9000 - $10,000.

2 Cabins means lots of storage space for clothes etc, imagine how crazy we are going to go with suitcases!

Now all I need to do is remember how to do a countdown thingy... ok.. where's that search button here again (lol)

Congrats Whoey. But I thought you didn't want 2 cabins??:confused: I know you don't really have much choice though. How come everytime I price SP cruises they are dearer than PD? And for some reason you can't even get a pricing on line for SP anymore. Anyway, that's a great price.

Karen

Did you use a T/A or on line booking agency? I just checked out that cruise on the online agency that everyone recomends & according to that for cheapest inside cabin (x 2) would be $9000 and that's for 4 people because they don't give you a price for 3rd/4th passenger.

Karen

• 2 weeks later...

congratulations on booking another cruise.

we did the same thing and booked two cabins side by side and it worked very well. we could still hear the kids come home. Having the extra hanging space and extra bathroom is very welcome.plus it is nice to be able to have that special couple time with no interuptions;)

the cabins are small (smaller than pacific sun). :eek: I dont think iwould like 4 in there.

our price was much cheaper than the pacific dawn sailing the day before us on the exact same route

Thanks everyone for the kind words... we are just so happy to be going on another affordable family cruise... very very excited !

I have heard from many people the cabins on SP are smaller then Pacific Sun & Dawn, is it a bit like 10% or heaps like 30% smaller???

I think it is more the layout. we had inside and we also had the ones that go across the ship which are supposed to be longer. Not heaps smaller, just smaller but as been said many times before you are not in there much and having the extra bathroom will make a huge difference. we would book them again in a heart beat

DO NOT FRET. you will fine.

The ones on the dawn are tiny also

Hi all,

For those of you who have read my ramblings about family of five problems with affordability for cruising - solution found!!!

S904 Feb 6th Sun Princess out of Melbourne - home town YAY (no flights to Sydney, just a taxi ride) - we managed to get 2 cabins (twin and triple) for 12 night cruise to the islands under $8000 :) literally half price.

The reason it is so cheap, princess is offering select (cheaper) cabins at 50% off and we managed to get almost exactly 55% off by asking nicely and we do have a great agent - very helpful person! Inside cabins for that price so no bells and whistles however a 4 star ship and cheaper then P&O could do for Pacific Dawn on a similar 11 night cruise.

That is great value and leaves us some spending money from my budget of $9000 - $10,000.

2 Cabins means lots of storage space for clothes etc, imagine how crazy we are going to go with suitcases!

Now all I need to do is remember how to do a countdown thingy... ok.. where's that search button here again (lol)

Well done on your booking Whoey!

We have not yet booked, but looks like we will be on the sister Dawn Princess at the same time, for a 8 night tour of Tassie. Rhapsody of the seas has a similar itinerary as well, so will be deciding on price this time!

Did you use a T/A or on line booking agency? I just checked out that cruise on the online agency that everyone recomends & according to that for cheapest inside cabin (x 2) would be $9000 and that's for 4 people because they don't give you a price for 3rd/4th passenger.

Karen

Hi Karen, all settled in from the 9th Nov cruise? See your off again along with us, we have certainly got the bug for cruising now. That was a great start to our future cruises. Feb 09 on the Sun Princess for 12 nights, sailing with Princess i assume will be equiv to P&O but I still love the Pacific Dawn, she's a lovely vessel. Regards, Bill & Gwen

Hi Karen, all settled in from the 9th Nov cruise? See your off again along with us, we have certainly got the bug for cruising now. That was a great start to our future cruises. Feb 09 on the Sun Princess for 12 nights, sailing with Princess i assume will be equiv to P&O but I still love the Pacific Dawn, she's a lovely vessel. Regards, Bill & Gwen

So you have booked have you? Looks like it's going to be a runion of the Dawn's maiden voyge:)

Karen

Archived