Balcony Question

mjbearit

Okay, this is a rather odd balcony question! We are traveling on the Spirit on Mar 5. We have a balcony cbain next to some friends with a balcony cabin. I know we can ask our "room person" to open the balcony partition between the rooms, but there may be times, like, well before I choose to get my lazy butt outta bed in the morning that I don't want somebody on the balcony! Can you close it once they unlock it and if so, can you reopen it again without bothering your cabin attendant? I'm not sure I necessarily want it open always, and since i am the only one of the four of us on this board, chances are they won't know about it, so the question is to open, or not to open?

i dont think you can always have it opened, there seems to be a quota or maybe its just certain captains who say no. (at least Iv read here at times they dont allow the partition removed)

no, i dont think you could put the partition back and then remove it yourself either, at least you are probably not supposed to?

someone will say if Im wrong Im sure.

Just lock your door and close your curtains for privacy....I opt to keep the partition open for a bigger balony......

This is what we do. Our cruising companions are late sleepers and we often have the balcony to ourselves.

This is what we do. Our cruising companions are late sleepers and we often have the balcony to ourselves.

The two latches for the partition are opened and closed by a triangular shaped "skate key". Once opened, with the real key, we were able to turn the latches with the needle nose pliers we had on a pocket knife. Proping a chair against the partition works too.

Archived