Transportation From Brooklyn Cruise Terminal

Solara

This May we are sailing from the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. I know how we are getting to the pier......BUT How can we get back to the airport??????

Do we need to make reservations ahead of time with a car service or are they just available at the pier????Thanks....

This May we are sailing from the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. I know how we are getting to the pier......BUT How can we get back to the airport??????

Do we need to make reservations ahead of time with a car service or are they just available at the pier????Thanks....

I answered this yesterday on another thread.

There will be taxi's lined up(but generally not enough) To LGa a cab will be about $25.00.per cab

The terminal has contracted with a car/limo service company to pick you up with no prearrangement the cost to LGA is I think $60.00 per car/limo.

You can have any car service pick you up ...Carmel etc....I use Arecibo it will be about $30.00 on Arecibo to LGA 718 7836465. They will want you to call when you are getting off and will be there in 15 minutes or so...(so if you call before you enter the immigration area they should be there waiting for you).

Kennedy by Cab 40-50

EWR about $65.00 meter plus toll plus $15.00 plus tip(the way to go is BQE to Brooklyn Bridge or BBT) to the Holland Tunnel 1-9 skyway to the airport- its shorter faster and no NJTurnpike toll..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=12909481#post12909481

The terminal contracted cars are about twice these amounts

The car service should be in the $40-50 range to Kennedy and EWR....

I answered this yesterday on another thread.

There will be taxi's lined up(but generally not enough) To LGa a cab will be about $25.00.per cab

The terminal has contracted with a car/limo service company to pick you up with no prearrangement the cost to LGA is I think $60.00 per car/limo.

You can have any car service pick you up ...Carmel etc....I use Arecibo it will be about $30.00 on Arecibo to LGA 718 7836465. They will want you to call when you are getting off and will be there in 15 minutes or so...(so if you call before you enter the immigration area they should be there waiting for you).

Kennedy by Cab 40-50

EWR about $65.00 meter plus toll plus $15.00 plus tip(the way to go is BQE to Brooklyn Bridge or BBT) to the Holland Tunnel 1-9 skyway to the airport- its shorter faster and no NJTurnpike toll..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=12909481#post12909481

The terminal contracted cars are about twice these amounts

The car service should be in the $40-50 range to Kennedy and EWR....

Is the cab that's $25.00 a flat rate or do they run a meter.....

meter 2.50 first 1/6 mile and 40 cents each 1/6 mile thereafter...its about 10 miles to LGA and 20 minutes without traffic....plus tip---no tolls to LGA or JFK

• 3 years later...

How far is it from the Brooklyn Cruise terminal to mid town manhattan. We are arriving on the Crown Princess 14th Sept.2011. What's the easiest way to transfer, without being megga priced? We then have to get from Mid town Manhattan to JFK 4 days later,the question remains the same, Hope you can help, thanks JT.

How far is it from the Brooklyn Cruise terminal to mid town manhattan. We are arriving on the Crown Princess 14th Sept.2011. What's the easiest way to transfer, without being megga priced? We then have to get from Mid town Manhattan to JFK 4 days later,the question remains the same, Hope you can help, thanks JT.

its about 6 miles to midtown. Should cost $25-30 if you use a yellow cab or Arecibo(7187836465) call as you are getting off.

Midtown manhattan to JFK is fixed for yellow cabs(the ones you just pick up in front of the hotel) for $45.50 plus tolls(if any) and tip should total between 55 and 60US.

Arecibo or dial 7(2127777777) or any car service should be in the same range to JFK from midtown...

they run a meter. The only fixed rate(legally) for a yellow cab is to and from Manhattan and JFK..

a car service will quote you a rate that is fixed but the car services contracted with the cruise terminal charge twice what a local car service costs( I use Arecibo 7187836465)

boy this is an OLD thread...

they rates posted in 2008 are up

by .50 cents when you enter and some additional amounts.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/tlc/html/passenger/taxicab_rate.shtml

try dial 7's (212)777-7777

• 2 years later...
We are getting ready to leave Brooklyn. Wish us luck. We are taking the train to Rockefeller, then walking to port. I hope the rain hold off because it was pouring when we woke up. Here we go!!!!! :D

Carnival splendor leaves from Manhattan!

... which is probably a good thing, because it's a LOOONNNGG walk from Rockefeller Center to Red Hook. It's still a fairly long walk from Rockefeller Center to Pier 90, but that's at least doable. (Hint: take the M50 bus, especially as you've arrived on the subway and therefore it's a free transfer)

Archived