rental car up to bayonne

jessg

I am looking into options for our march 28th cruise leaving from cape liberty. Someone suggested we rent a car from home (Baltimore) and drive it to the port to avoid parking and leaving our vehicle in uncovered parking. Then somewhere at the port or nearby there is a rental drop-off location and they shuttle you to the terminal. Has anyone done this? Which car rental companies are nearby?

JessG,

My group of 4-6 is looking to do the same thing. We're trying to get from Wash. DC area up to Cape Liberty for one of the October 08 Explorer of the Seas sailings. I looked into taking a train from Washington's Union Station but it would be approx. $150.00 r/t for each person, so now I'm thinking about renting a van one-way (in each direction). There was a big cruising special in the Travel Section of the Wash. Post last year that RCCL had bus transportation from the DC/Baltimore area to Cape Liberty (and back) but I hadn't saved the article.

I had e-mailed the RCCL customer service about this, but all they said was "call the RCCL certified travel spe******t reservation line". So of course when I call the 1-800 number at RCCL, I waited on hold for about 30 mins., then gave up... If you find out any further info., please post.

Thanks.

Archived