Passport Visa pages needed?

gerena

We did not pay for expedited, or overnight. Our passports were returned in less than two weeks. Our cost was only the postage to mail them - so it was almost "free pages" for us. Thankfully there enough additional pages that I will not have to get more before it's time for a new passport.

As to the remainder of your post . . . I disagree. For those who have not received the extra pages for their passports, here are the quotes referred to. You can judge for yourself as to whether they are uncacceptable and offensive. They are printed very small at the top of the pages, which have nicely done illustrations. IMHO no border officers will take the time to read them as they flip through the pages and would not be offended if they did. It is, after all, a passport belonging to a citizen of the United States of America and historic quotes are appropriate.

What a glorious morning for our country. Samuel Adams

We are covered by the American banner; let us cling to it, and if required, sacrifice our lives defending it. Jose Antonio Navarro

That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom. Abraham Lincoln

Go west, young man, and grow up with the country. Horace Greeley

Democracy is based upon the conviction that there are extraordinary possibilities in ordinary peple. Harry Emerson Fosdick

A big iron needle stitching the country together. Jessamyn West (Cleverly in the center of the pages, which are stitched into the passport.)

It seems to be a law of nature, inflexible and inexorable, that those who will not risk cannot win. John Paul Jones

It is immigrants who brought to this land the skills of their hands and brains to make of it a beacon of opportunity and hope for all men. Herbert H. Lehman

This nation has a banner. . . it is the banner of Dawn. It means Liberty . . . Every color means liberty; every thread means liberty. Henry Ward Beecher

We live in a world that is lit by lightening. So much is changing and will change, but so much endures and transcends time. Ronald Reagan

The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time. Thomas Jefferson

Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds . . . to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation. Ellison S. Onizuka

I did not find these gender offensive, nor do I believe they are biased religious propaganda. I'm proud to be an American and agree/admire many of these quotes. Ronald Reagan's quote particularly gives me hope.

I started to report your post as inappropriate. Political and religious discussions are not permitted on these boards - except perhaps when they directly impact cruising.

I find it interesting that glbtrtr should assume these quotes represent only a male view and endorse "white man's destiny":

Ellison S. Onizuka was a Japanese-American astronaut

Jessamyn West was a female American Quaker

Jose Antonio Navarro was a Tejano of Spanish heritage

Henry Ward Beecher was a prominent social reformer and abolitionist

Herbert H. Lehman was the son of German-Jewish immigrants

Hardly what I'd think of as the "old boys' club"!!

Well clearly it must vary by cruise line because I was wondering if you were actually on a ship and not arriving at the airport. ....

Thankfully Oceania got this sorted whilst we were enroute. Maybe it was their rule, but the upshot is once you are booked with that ship you're stuck with whatever rule they go with. I have also travelled the world extensively, by many means, but when a ship mandates having all relevant visas prior to boarding, I comply.

Hi Lyn,

I am booked with Oceania on BKK-ATH on this April and was told by my TA - which was then verified with Oceania - that I do not need to have Egyptian visa in advance, nor I do need a Vietnamese visa as well. Both visas cost me extra $49.00 to my Oceania bill - I think they are called "VOA, visa on arrival", and it just may be that these 2 countries recently added VOA types for cruise ships.

The only one I had to have beforehand for this trip, according to O., was Indian visa, which I got through Travisa, the authorized Indian Consulate passport agency here in the US.

(FYI, I am US citizen).

Archived