laundry facilities

a&k

Hi there can anyone tell me if there are laundry facilities for us to do our own washing? Also what are the inside cabins like? We are on quite a low deck and i`m having reservations about choosing this room. Many thanks, a&k

Some ships do have laundry facilities, some don't. What ship are you going on? Probably the biggest complaint about inside rooms is that they are dark. You can't tell what the weather is. Also, when picking a room, look at the deck plans and make sure what is above and below your room. Check and see if there are public areas that could get noisy. The disco can get noisy. I always like to to have cabins above and below.

DH likes an inside room because he likes to nap during the day. It is difficult to tell when it's morning, though. But we have one early bird child, so the darkness helps him sleep a little later, I think. We don't spend much non-sleeping time in the cabin, but I think you need to take that into consideration when choosing.

Most Carnival ships have laundry rooms, but the other lines are hit and miss. Check on the board for your particular cruise line--someone will know about your ship.

you should be able to find information about your ship from the cruiseline website. It should indicate if there are self-serve laundry facilities and at least give cabin amenities and square footage.

Since my basic requirement is to be On The Ship, I wouldn't worry so much about cabin deck or location. that's just me.

Archived