Aruba tours

wethreecruzers

Has anyone been on the Princess Aruba tours.. of so, which is the better of them? This is our first trip to Aruba and we are up in the air about what to see and do. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

You might try the Ports of Call - Aruba board for suggestions.

This is not a princess tour but we have done this twice...they're very good and we suggest the three hour tour

http://www.abc-aruba.com/ make sure you buy the Tshirt before you go if you do the afternoon tour they may be closed when you come back and after this trip...you will want the T-shirt. Let me know if this is good for you

Andy

I have been to Aruba many, many times on land vacations and just want to point out that renting a car and getting around is quite easy and the best most cost effective way to see most of the island. Also, if you have an interest in just spending the day at the beach, after you have walked around downtown where you dock, you can just take an easy bus ride from a few blocks from the port to either Eagle Beach or Palm Beach, both lovely.

Ellie

We were in Aruba 2 yrs ago on the Coral Princess. We just got off the ship and there were lots of small vans on the dock offering tours from different tour company's. We negotiated a deal and had a great 3 hr tour of the island. I think we paid $20 ea. It was a fun tour.

We find that these types of tours are the most fun. Aruba is a very beautiful island.

We, like latebloomercruiser, enjoyed renting a vehicle. We rented a Jeep from Avis which I believe was steps away from where the ship docked. The Island was very easy to explore and we found secluded beaches and great offroading trails that you wouldn't experience on a tour. This really was a fun day! Enjoy whatever you decide to do.

I agree that hiring a driver right off the ship is the least expensive way to go. The island is beautiful and there is a lot to see. Another time, we rented a car for the day and did our own thing with the aid of a AAA tour book. :)

We did the Aruba See & Sea Tour in December. This was our first time there, so we wanted to see the popular sights. Tour was in the afternoon, so we had time to explore the shops near the port. Got to see the Antilla shipwreck & fish from the Atlantis Sub, visited the California Lighthouse, Baby Natural Bridge and Casibari Rocks. We had a great time. Just depends on what you like to do. When we go back to Aruba, we'll definitely rent a jeep and explore on our own since we've already seen the known sights of Aruba.

Archived