Rum Runner Flasks

... his Rum Runner Flasks on 1-14-08 and he got them today. I saw them. Tough little buggers. Sturdy. And he got A LOT of them in the order, including a funnel. I'll ask him how they worked for him when he comes back from China in a couple of weeks.

I got my flasks at www.easytravelerinc.com. They come in several sizes and are specifically made for flights and cruises. They give specific instructions on how to fill for flights, allowing for expansion during changing air pressure, etc. They have smaller flasks that you can slip into your pocket too to carry around throughout the day on an outing :) I would not carry any flask (large or small) in your carry-on luggage since it is a liquid and will most likely be over 3oz during any flight.

I always travel with plastic flasks, bubble wrap and duct tape! Throw in a few zip lock baggies and you're set. We've never had any issues with leakage. Seal the lids with duct tape, bubble wrap and duct tape, then bag it. Cruising in April on a short trip and will attempt again.

I contacted customer service for easytravelerflask.com and they confirmed that they do ship internationally by U.S. Postal Service international first class. He said it takes about 10 business days, but it is the least expensive. He told me you check the box for "international shipping" during checkout and that they ship "same day". I hope that helps.

I got my a couple of weeks ago. My friend works on the dock and xrays the stuff. He really like them and said they would pass. I have used my a a party. They are tuff and strong and the cap is on good. Carried the 8oz in my purse had just enough to make a couple of drinks. They were at my house the next day after ordering. They mailed them the day I ordered.

The website says that the rum runners are "food grade" but that doesn't always mean they don't have a taste to them. Has anyone that has used these noticed a taste to the "liquid" after putting them in these things?

A company called Platypus makes taste-free bottles, but they cost a little more.

Any problems with taste?

Used these for 6 cruises, 4 different lines, never had a problem of any kind with them. No leaks, drips, taste, detection, and they go flat when empty - weigh almost nothing. Great product - well worth the $3 ea or so. (REI)

• 7 months later...

We used the rum runners on our last cruise with no problem and no taste from the plastic either. I ordered some today and used the coupon code "REPEAT" as I saw on here and it worked great and I got the discount. Thanks to whoever put that on here!

[quote name='A2Honeymooners']The website says that the rum runners are "food grade" but that doesn't always mean they don't have a taste to them. Has anyone that has used these noticed a taste to the "liquid" after putting them in these things?

A company called Platypus makes taste-free bottles, but they cost a little more.

Any problems with taste?
[/quote]

I am an avid backpacker in wilderness areas in the west. I have used the platypus bottles (actually bags) for drinking water for years. I have never tasted anything but the clear water. They do not give off any taste to the contents. Stores that carry backpacking and hiking equipment all sell the platypus containers. They are very popular and rugged (bouncing around in a backpack).

[quote name='billyelliot']Does anybody know where we can get these in the uk? I have tried all sorts of sites on the net with out any luck:([/quote]

We bought ours in a sporting goods store. Try one that specializes in biking, hiking or camping. Ours are not the rumrunner name, they are made by a company called Pelican something.

We used RRFs on our cruise last year and had no problems. There was no plastic taste and no leaks. We also brought on a plastic bottle of Malibu and that didn't get detected. Although that was on Carnival, not sure how strict RCI is... We flew to our port and there were no air pressure problems with the liquids exploding either.

I do have a question though. On CCL, they had a fruit punch and passion fruit-guava juice that were available during breakfast and lunch that mixed great with rum. Does RC have those types of juices available? We'll be on RC next May and I'm curious. Thanks!

Bought my DH these to pack his Johnny Walker Blue and he said it ruined it, gave it a bad taste. :eek:

I had no problem with what I packed but his was a much greater loss - emotionally, I think, because he had to do without his scotch. :rolleyes:

Archived