Feel like I made a big mistake/Priceline/Sheraton Mart Miami

Sass4

I wish I would have come to this board before I booked at Priceline. We won the bid for $85 for a Post Cruise night.

We still want to do 'something' when we get off the ship. Anyone have any suggestions? From what I read here we are not close to any thing to sight see...

We stayed there three years ago before a cruise. The hotel is fabulous but you are correct, there is nothing there. Of course, if you are a shopper then you will have a great time at the attached mall. There is a tiny food court which was also nice.:) :) We used our sheraton points at the time so we weren't disappointed. Free is free!!!!

We stayed there last year and will again in March '08. The hotel is very nice but except for the mall, not much else is close by. We just it needed for one night pre-cruise and didn't mind the lack of nearby restaurants. We found the hotel's restaurant quite good.

The mall is not that big, mostly small shops. The hotel is a good deal if you stay via priceline or Sheraton points. They charged for parking but it wasn't that much if I recall.

Lou

I wouldn't worry, that's a great price you got. It took $120 for our bid to be accepted for that hotel. The Sheraton's online price is almost $200 night. Enough of a difference to take a taxi into Miami if you wanted to.

We are also flying in the day before and staying here. We are looking forward to just relaxing around the pool that day and maybe checking out the shops in the little mall.

Can anyone tell me if we can purchase alcohol at the Mall or is there somewhere to shop on the way to the port the next morning?

How much is a taxi to the Port?

• 2 months later...

Well this hotel turned out a LOT better than expected!!

It was very nice compared to the Hilton we had pre-cruise.

The bathroom door lock was all smushed like someone kicked it in, and they painted over it. But other than that small thing...stay here it's a great place~:D

We got it on Priceline for $104. I later found that $90 is fairly common. $85 was a good catch.

The web site for the International Merchandise Mart is just one "coming soon" page but lists the hours as M-F 10-6. Which pretty well eliminates going there on a Sunday for a Monday cruise departure. :(

http://www.miamimart.net/

I'm thinking we will be taking a cab to Dolphin Mall or Miami Mall (both about 5-7 miles) to pick up last minute stuff...especially heavier toiletry items and anything involving liquids...in order to reduce luggage weight on flight down there. Looking at the respective mall web sites though neither has a drug store. Most malls attract other freestanding businesses around them so we are hoping a trek across a parking lot will find a Wallgreens or similar.

http://www.simon.com/mall/default.aspx?ID=141

http://www.shopdolphinmall.com/

Archived