Dawn Beach??

LadyBerard

Although I been to St. Marten a few times, I've never gone to Dawn Beach. We'll be there in Feb.

Where should I ask to be dropped off at? I want to rent a couple chairs, have a beach bar with reasonably priced drinks, and I enjoy background music......live would be preferred, but not absolutely necessary.

thatbloominplace,

I've heard you can buy beer for $1 at Dawn ... is this true? What was your overall opinion of Dawn vs. Orient. I'm going with a group next week and we have a choice with our tour of Orient or Dawn. Some of the members of our group have concerns about the amount of nudity on Orient Beach and our guide said there would be less on Dawn Beach. Did you find this to be true?

I'd also like to know how the wave action was at Dawn compared to Orient. Don't get me wrong......I enjoy the waves. I much prefer having waves than a calm bay any day. We have some beaches with fabulous waves to body surf in here in Rhode Island, unfortunately, I can't really enjoy them until the end of July, when the water warms up to a balmy 67 or 68 degrees!!

we ate there 5 nights, one day, and one morning during our 10-day stay at the westin. we never encountered any live music, but they did have a sign saying they did one night per week, i believe on friday night. decent beach bar food in the day when it is called mr. busby's and great continental food at night when it is called daniel's. same owner, but two different concepts. we became quite friendly with the owner, who is there almost all of the time.

steve

We have been to Orient beach many times. Have never seen any live music durning the day there either. Lots of nudity but not live music. While I think Orient is a really fun day I also love Dawn beach. If you have been to Orient before I would give Dawn a try. We are going in 10/08 if we have friends join us that have never been to Orient we will go there, but if it ends up just me & DH we will go to Dawn.

We have been to Orient beach many times. Have never seen any live music durning the day there either. Lots of nudity but not live music. <snip>

Pedro's regularly has live music. Especially if there are multiple ships in port.

gary

thatbloominplace,

I've heard you can buy beer for $1 at Dawn ... <snip>

Mr Busby's has cheap beer -- try $.75 from 11 - 4.

th_DSCN2691.jpg

(click)

Here are some other shots of the bar/restaurant.

There will certainly be less nudity on Dawn, but you may see topless, even though it is on the Dutch side.

We love Dawn, even though we miss Ms. B's very much.

gary

Gary,

I can't imagine .75 beer on a vacation. What kind of beer is it and how does it compare to domestic beers? I normally drink Corona and my husband drinks Miller Lite but I'm all for trying the caribe beer especially at that price. Just looked at the picture of the sign you posted ... can I get my Corona for $1.50?

Is the sand nice on Dawn Beach like it is on Orient? It's really hard planning. I will be with a group of 33 some want to go to Orient but a few said they would be more comfortable with less nudity and would prefer Dawn. I think its important for no one to feel uncomfortable but I worry that people who were wanting to go to Orient will be disappointed. We will only have 2 hours of beach time.

Archived