Singles?

Does RCI do anything for singles such as a singles get together at the beginning of the cruise? I read some lines do. This is my first RCI and I am really looking forward to it! :)

Winnie <-----> going solo for the first time :eek:

I usually see something in our cruise compasses about a singles mixer, so I am sure you will be in luck! Just check your daily compass for times. If you don't see something, just call the front desk and ask...

Happy cruising!

Does RCI do anything for singles such as a singles get together at the beginning of the cruise? I read some lines do. This is my first RCI and I am really looking forward to it! :)

Winnie <-----> going solo for the first time :eek:

Just so you're not disappointed, I did it solo in 2006 on Enchantment, saw the singles gathering at Boleros on one of the early nights of the cruise, went to it (not because I wanted to 'hook up', just for some company), and not a soul was there.

That's not to say that this will happen to you.

The good thing is, I did meet people around the ship and socialize. If you have a positive attitude and good disposition, you're bound to meet someone, even if it's the person in the chair next to you on the pool deck, or sitting near you in the Schooner bar or somewhere like that.

I can honestly say I did not for one moment feel lonesome or regret cruising solo. I hope you have a great time.:)

Just so you're not disappointed, I did it solo in 2006 on Enchantment, saw the singles gathering at Boleros on one of the early nights of the cruise, went to it (not because I wanted to 'hook up', just for some company), and not a soul was there.

That's not to say that this will happen to you.

The good thing is, I did meet people around the ship and socialize. If you have a positive attitude and good disposition, you're bound to meet someone, even if it's the person in the chair next to you on the pool deck, or sitting near you in the Schooner bar or somewhere like that.

I can honestly say I did not for one moment feel lonesome or regret cruising solo. I hope you have a great time.:)

This mirrors my experiences exactly.

:)

When I got divorced in the late nineties, I stilled loved crusing and continuted to cruise as a single. I did it I know at least 10 plus times. Figured it was better than setting at home and which having cruised so much while married with RCCL felt very comfortable on the cruise.

Not necessarily to hookup, but to find other singles to talk to and maybe run around with during the cruise are:

1. On embarkation, hang around the pool bar socializing and you'll be surprised how many people you'll meet around that watering hole.

2. Schooner bar and the other bars just sitting around, people will strike up a conversation with you.

3. And of course there's the Club late in the evening.

4. Even on excurisions I would do by myself, there's always people to talk to.

5. Another reason for crusing single as with other single vacations, at least at the dining room, you don't have to eat alone with being assigned other dinner companions.

Have fun.

Dave

Archived