Scenic Barbados Tours

prairiesailor

Hi Jeanlyon we are trying to plan our tours for our upcoming cruise on The Constellation in March. Can you remember the name of the tour that you took with Glory Tours or any further details you can remember about it.

The one I noticed said we would go onto a glass bottomed boat, but I would much prefer a catamaran for a short sail and snorkel. One of our friends is a non swimmer so a couple of hours onboard a catamarran would be ideal.

Many thanks.

PS....have you had a look at the forum for UK cruisers. Go to boards,just for fun,floataway lounge and you'll find them there . A great bunch of fellow cruisers nearly all from the UK and we blether/chat about everything including cruises. Hope to see you there....Its very helpful too for advice from a Brit point of view.

Thanks again

Happycruzer

I'm wondering if you are referring to Cameron Reid? His website is scenicbarbados.com, but his company is called Cameron Tours & Taxi Service. Is this the same company? If so, I can definitely vouch for it! If you look for threads on this board with Cameron's name, you'll find other info.

Thanks for info on Glory Tours. We are looking for feedback on tour operator Scenic Barbados Tours. If anyone could provide opinions on knowlwdge of the staff, quality of tours themselves. Any help is greatly appreciated.

My husband and I, together with another couple, booked a tour of Barbados with Cameron Reid last December 26. We were fortunate enough to have been to Barbados the previous December, and in my emails to him, I explained what we had done and seen [with another operator].

When we disembarked, Cameron Reid was standing in the terminal exactly where he said he would be, holding a sign with our name on it. We immediately went to an immaculate automobile, and he began our tour.

He is one of the most courteous, distinguished, delightful, and knowledgeable men imaginable. Not only did he fulfill all of my requests, he also took us to places that he suggested . . . and we were never disappointed. He even telephoned ahead to make lunch reservations at a perfectly marvelous restaurant in the Bathsheba area [Roundhouse] where we had a table by the window with a fabulous view!

I simply can't praise him enough. If you have specific questions, please feel free to respond. Barbados was one of the most delightful days we spent in all of the islands.

GG

Thanks for all the info but it appears that there may be no one who has used this operator. Their actual website is ScenicBarbadosTours.com. We now just have to decide whether we want a full day tour or a half day tour that will also allow us time to shop if we so desire. I will advise of our experience when we get back. It will be after Feb. 18,2008 since that is when we get back home.

Thanks for all the info but it appears that there may be no one who has used this operator. Their actual website is ScenicBarbadosTours.com. We now just have to decide whether we want a full day tour or a half day tour that will also allow us time to shop if we so desire. I will advise of our experience when we get back. It will be after Feb. 18,2008 since that is when we get back home.

Actually, we have used Cameron Reid, who is "Scenic Barbados Tour," and we recommend him highly. :) You won't go wrong with him--he will take you wherever you want to go in his immaculate automobile and make suggestions for your tour if you want him to. He's a distinguished gentleman, knowledgeable and courteous, informative about his island. We thoroughly enjoyed our day with him last December and recommend him without reservation. Please let me know if you require more information.

GG

Thanks GG. The only concern we now have is deciding on full or half day. I will have to confirm exactly when the tour leaves since we are travelling with Celebrity who unlike some other lines continues to stay on Eastern Time & we don't dock until 9am Atlantic Time. The conversations via e-mail seem to indicate pickup at 9am. Do you remeber what time you were picked up?

I have never heard of Scenic Barbados Tours. Were they recommended to you by someone? It is strange that their website address is similar to Cameron Reid's, but they are not the same company. His is just scenicbarbados.com. Looking at the scenicbarbadostours website, the contact person appears to be Edwin Lovell. Maybe someone reading this will recognize his name.

cinnam0n: I found the website & operator through a link on a Barbados website. we will probably try him out & will advise of our experience when we get back. We would sooner travel with someone local rather than through the gruiselines-usually cheaper & you get a better insight of local life, customs & history.

Thanks GG. The only concern we now have is deciding on full or half day. I will have to confirm exactly when the tour leaves since we are travelling with Celebrity who unlike some other lines continues to stay on Eastern Time & we don't dock until 9am Atlantic Time. The conversations via e-mail seem to indicate pickup at 9am. Do you remeber what time you were picked up?

When I emailed Cameron Reid, I told him what time our ship was docking in Barbados [9:00], and he said he'd meet us at the cruise terminal at 9:30. The tour guides always know when the ships dock. In Barbados, the ships pull up alongside the dock then buses shuttle everyone to the terminal, which is a walk of about 10 minutes. Some passengers do walk, but we took the bus. He was waiting exactly where he said he would be and had a sign with our name on it. We're going back to Barbados next year [our third trip] and I've already contacted him to be our tour guide again! It's very easy to deal with Cameron; he'll answer your emails and do whatever you want him to. His business card is from Scenic Barbados Tours. Last December, the last thing he said to us was, "Please recommend me on Cruise Critic!" I replied that, of course, I would definitely do that. He really is a lovely man. Let me know if you need his email address or any further info.:)

GG

Prairiesailor, thanks for finding this site and sharing with the rest of us. Which tour did you book? The good thing about their tours is that you can start early and still have time for beach. How flexible are they with drop off location? Did you have to prepay?

shygirl: We haven't decided yet since I am waiting for a reply from Edwin as to start time of tour. He indicated that pick up was 9 am but the Constellation doesn't dock until that time. Once we get a reply we will decide. He didn't ask for a pre-payment. I will let everyone know of our experience when we get back.

Hello Goddess

I have read your post about Cameron Reid. We will be visiting Barbados in February and we are presently looking for a tour guide. You seem to be very satisfied with his services. I would love to get his email address and see if we can arrange something. You can email me at c.augusto@sympatico.ca Thanks in advance.

GG

Hello Goddess

I have read your post about Cameron Reid. We will be visiting Barbados in February and we are presently looking for a tour guide. You seem to be very satisfied with his services. I would love to get his email address and see if we can arrange something. You can email me at c.augusto@sympatico.ca Thanks in advance.

GG

You can email Cameron Reid at camireid@yahoo.com We used him in December and were absolutely delighted with him and with his tour. We're lucky enough to be going back to Barbados this coming December, and we've already emailed him about taking us out again! I will be so happy to furnish any further information. You can't go wrong with Cameron. :)

GG

shygirl: We decided on the short tour of the island which includes a beach break. We are meeting at 10:30 am & we will pay at that time. This tour according to a previous reply from Edwin that this tour is popular with cruise passengers. I will advise everyone of what we thought of this tour & what we thought of this tour company.

Archived