For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

I am sailing tomorrow on AOS and we have been contacted by our new concierge several times! Her name is Vanessa Rodriguez, and she has been very informative of her position and if we need anything! DeeDee has moved to another ship, and will not be returning.

Vanessa was kind enough to call us at home to introduce herself and answer any questions we may have had. We will let anyone know how she was after our btb!

Thanks for the info on the new Concierge :)

DeDe's new ship is the Brilliance and she will be onboard in about 6 weeks.

Just got booted from our cabin and now we get to kill just under two hours in the lounge. At least we found a couch.

AoS isn't a bad ship, but it does seem to have it's quirks. The biggest problem I had was with the lack of elevators. Yes my tubby ass could do just fine going up and down the stairs, but I saw several times where I saw people who needed the elevators waiting quite a while to get one.

There are lots of Puerto Ricans on the ship (just as you would expect lots of Americans on a ship out of Port Canaveral). Most of the announcements are in both Spanish and English. Not an issue at all but there are differences in what is said in the announcements (at least what my bad Spanish could loosely translate).

More later...I'll write up a trip report once I have some sanity/reality back.

Just got booted from our cabin and now we get to kill just under two hours in the lounge. At least we found a couch.

AoS isn't a bad ship, but it does seem to have it's quirks. The biggest problem I had was with the lack of elevators. Yes my tubby ass could do just fine going up and down the stairs, but I saw several times where I saw people who needed the elevators waiting quite a while to get one.

There are lots of Puerto Ricans on the ship (just as you would expect lots of Americans on a ship out of Port Canaveral). Most of the announcements are in both Spanish and English. Not an issue at all but there are differences in what is said in the announcements (at least what my bad Spanish could loosely translate).

More later...I'll write up a trip report once I have some sanity/reality back.

We are on the sailing this past week as well. We LOVED it. I didn't find any problems with elevators or lack of elevators. I was actually surprised at how many there were lol. In fact most of the time we were the only ones on the elevator. The only time they seemed remotely busy was on deck one when people were waiting to go up from getting back on ship to port. we never had a problem though elsewhere on ship an just walked from deck one up if neccessary.

I hope to do a full review this week, but happy sailing to everyone going...soooo much to do and lots of fun!

I am sailing tomorrow on AOS and we have been contacted by our new concierge several times! Her name is Vanessa Rodriguez, and she has been very informative of her position and if we need anything! DeeDee has moved to another ship, and will not be returning.

Vanessa was kind enough to call us at home to introduce herself and answer any questions we may have had. We will let anyone know how she was after our btb!

How far in advance did you hear from the concierge? I sail 10/4 and have heard nothing (although I did hear from the dining manager today :)). Did Vanessa first email you, or just call? What does the caller ID say?

Just back in work today after 7 night cruise on the AOS from Sept 13th. Main points below:

Food: Generally I thought the food was good, it was not spectacular but was mostly good. My wife is pickier about her food and did not enjoy the food in the Windjammer or the dining room which was dissapointing.

Service: The service in the main dining room was superb. We changed from an 8:30 sitting to My Time Dining on the first day and our waiter Charlie and assistant waiter Jaca were lovely, they took care of us all week and were extremely friendly. I cannot recommend them highly enough. We never really saw our head waiter and i felt cheated giving his prepaid gratuity at the end of the week.

Our stateroom attendant was also very good and the towel animals were hilarious.

Shows: The shows were ok, the highlight being the Quest which everyone should go to. The singers were ok and the Ice show was excellent. Highlight of all shows was the Cruise Director Casey Pelter, he was absolutely hilarious..

I will try to put up a review later in the week. Any questions let me know.

heyyy nice new pic of the baby toonjie...thanks for ur replies...any info on the cabin 8574??

Thanks! Never stayed in that cabin, but it looks like an average midships cabin. I would search for it in the RCCL forum and on all the photo hosting sites and see what you can find out.

Is cabin 8314 considered a hump cabin on the Aos???

Thanks

CC

Yes, just on the edge of the hump. You'll see forward, but not aft.

:eek: what r we doing on page 6??? i thought our thread had moved!!!

ok question....which hotel is close to Marriott Stellaris?...have some friends that want to visit while we are there but do no want to pay those prices...thanks

The Coral Princess Inn is just a couple blocks away (we stayed there pre-cruise in 2006). The morning of our cruise we actually walked from the hotel up to the beach that is behind the Stellaris and then stopped at the Walgreens for supplies on the way back to the hotel! Then when we stayed at the Stellaris post cruise we realized how close the two hotels are to each other.

ckrobyn...is the "compass" that flyer you get every night stating the activities the next day....like the carnival capers:D...anyway if so, how can i get one for the barbados route...i know there is one thread for the aruba one...can u help me:D

ckrobyn...is the "compass" that flyer you get every night stating the activities the next day....like the carnival capers:D...anyway if so, how can i get one for the barbados route...i know there is one thread for the aruba one...can u help me:D

Someone forwarded it to me just a few days ago - if you'll put your e-mail down, I can forward them on. Day 2 is missing, but the rest are there!

Please do not post your email addresses on this thread as it violates board rules. I posted my email address on another thread and received a warning not to do it again.....

People do this all the time, such as providing the e-mail to obtain compasses, etc. I looked at the guidelines and found this:

Please try to answer message board posts on the boards instead of E-mail when appropriate. There is a lot of great information that we're all missing because it is passing through private E-mail. There are of course times when private E-mail is more appropriate but if you have information that would be helpful to many people, please try to come back to the boards and post it rather than replying to a posting through E-mail.

I don't think the "rule" is clear about not posting e-mails. Now what most do is break the e-mail down to avoid automatic pick-ups of e-mail adresses, such as name at aol dot com... Just my opinion.:)

Gerry

To answer some of my own questions:

Movies showing on TV and in Theater: Bolt, HSM3, Body of Lies, Dark Knight, Eagle Eye

Formal Night: Monday and Thursday

Lobster Night: Friday

Beer, wine, mixed drinks - not as outrageously priced as I was led to believe

Cruise Director Casey - hilarious

"short, bald, stout" singing comedian (Wed?) and "comedy magic" comedian (Sat), not so entertaining

Adult soft drink sticker for week - $42

Cherry cokes, shakes, etc., not included in $4.95 at Johnny Rocket's

$31 for anniversary decorations about $20 overpriced, but still worth the money

Best surprise - Caviar plate was free when drinks are bought in Champagne bar during "Caviar and Champagne" tasting event

Archived