For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

So sad just returned from our 1-30 AOS cruise. I will have to get busy and plan another one. The Adventure was great and I have not one complaint. We did not encounter any of the negativity that has been posted on CC about the ship. If anyone has any questions I'll try to answer. The ports we had were Caracau, Aruba, Dominica & St. Thomas. We also stayed at the Marriott Stellaris and used the bus and free trolley.

A special thanks to everyone who provided all the valuable tips I got here.

I have all the Compasses if anyone is interested.

I, for one, am interested in seeing the Compasses since that's our itinerary in 59 days. You can email them to me at teerich@aol.com. Put "CC - AOS Compasses" in the subject line.

Theresa

So sad just returned from our 1-30 AOS cruise. I will have to get busy and plan another one. The Adventure was great and I have not one complaint. We did not encounter any of the negativity that has been posted on CC about the ship. If anyone has any questions I'll try to answer. The ports we had were Caracau, Aruba, Dominica & St. Thomas. We also stayed at the Marriott Stellaris and used the bus and free trolley.

I would absolutely love to see the compasses....e-mail is: jsimarn201@rogers.com

Thanks in advance!

Lorey,

I would be interested in seeing the compasses. We leave in 16 days for the same cruise. We have never been on the AOS but from what everyone says it will be absolutely fabulous!!

Hi, I hope you have a wonderful B2B cruise. I'm a little jealous as I would love to spend two weeks at sea! but at least I get one week which is more than some. I don't want to assume that you enjoy a drink now and then, but I was wondering if you could find out whether the cooler bag and beer deal is available on AOS. I saw a picture form Oasis, and I like the bag and think it would be great for carrying a few cold ones when summer finally returns to the cold white north!!!!! Perhaps you'll be aware of them and could let me know when you return? Thanks in advance, and have a great time!

ok i know you guys are going to a ball with me but here it goes...what the hell are the compasses???? and why does everyone want them???

:o take it easy on the replies

Good question :)

Each night your cabin attendant will deliver the following day's cruise compass (planner) to your cabin. Inside you will find a full listing of all bars and restaurants, recreation activtities (pools, skating rink, rock climbing wall etc) and the hours they are open.

The compass will also have an insert on your next port of call - so you can read up on it before you get there!

The compass also has a section called the Planner, and that is where you can see everything going on at a glance, and if you bring a high liter you can high lite whatever you want to participate in.

Hope this helps?

Robyn --- I know you are just about ready (or close) to leave. Safe travels, enjoy your 2 weeks and leave her (as I'm certain you will) in good shape for me on 3/20!!!

Thank you in advance for all the pictures you'll be taking & posting of our ship!

38 more sleeps for me!!!! And tomorrow I'll be doing the DocDance!!! You may even here in Canada!

Robyn, it sounds like you're very familiar with AOS, we're going in a month and half. Our airplane flight got moved up to 11:20 am. Do you know if there is self-disembarkment? Can you request to be part of an earlier group that departs?

Thanks

You will receive a questionaire on your cabin a few days before the cruise ends asking about your departure flight times. Based on the information you give them, will determine the color of your departure tags. If your flight departs at 11:20am, you need to be amongs the first off. If by self debarkation you mean can you carry your luggage off yourself? Yes you can.

Robyn --- I know you are just about ready (or close) to leave. Safe travels, enjoy your 2 weeks and leave her (as I'm certain you will) in good shape for me on 3/20!!!

Thank you in advance for all the pictures you'll be taking & posting of our ship!

38 more sleeps for me!!!! And tomorrow I'll be doing the DocDance!!! You may even here in Canada!

We are so ready!!! 24 hours from now we will be sitting in the departure lounge at the airport waiting to board our flight for San Juan!!!!

I plan to take lots of pics :) from around the ship and on the islands!

Robyn,

I hate to ask a serious question for a change, but here goes. Our flight home after the cruise leaves around 4:00, which leaves a ton of time to kill. We had planned on leaving our bags at Barrachina and seeing OSJ for a few hours, but now realize they don't open until 11:00 on Sundays. Which means we'd have to drag our bags around for a few hours before they open. Any recommendations on an alternate plan?

Robyn,

I hate to ask a serious question for a change, but here goes. Our flight home after the cruise leaves around 4:00, which leaves a ton of time to kill. We had planned on leaving our bags at Barrachina and seeing OSJ for a few hours, but now realize they don't open until 11:00 on Sundays. Which means we'd have to drag our bags around for a few hours before they open. Any recommendations on an alternate plan?

Hmmmm......you are taking me into unchartered territory! Our flights always leave around 5pm, but we end up just heading to the airport when we get off the ship (this is where my DD spends an entire day catching up on homework!) The first thing I would suggest is to try and be amongst the last off the ship. I think the last folks are usually off by 10am, then you collect your luggage, get in a cab and head to OSJ - you will arrive at Barrachina at around 10:30 or so leaving you only a half hour wait 'til they open? That may work?

Robyn,

They open at 11AM for lunch. In reality there are workers there earlier. The last time we used them I know we dropped off our luggage around 10AM. Just speak up to one of the workers that you see. They will let you drop off your stuff.

AND... don't look at this as time to kill. It is time to enjoy an amazingly historical and beautiful town.

We are so ready!!! 24 hours from now we will be sitting in the departure lounge at the airport waiting to board our flight for San Juan!!!!

I plan to take lots of pics :) from around the ship and on the islands!

In case I am not back on before you leave in the morning..... have a great time. Of course, I know that you will. I'll be boarding Oasis the day before you get off of Adventure so that will mean three weeks of catching up to do by the time I get back in order for me to find out if my cave recommendation panned out......:eek::D

Archived