For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Not sure who the LA is now......Robyn will probably know.

txskier......I can feel your excitement!!! Won't be long now! Check in when you can. Be sure and let them know we want the CL open on Sunday night!!!

Does anyone know who the Loyalty Ambassador is on the AOS? :confused: We sail in June.... really would love to know...

thanks

The LA on the Adventure at the end of March was Armelle Koenig. She was most helpful with future cruise information and went out of her way to accomodate appointments outside of the available times listed in her reservation book. :) I don't know if she is still on board or not as our cruise ended 7 weeks ago. :(

I finally talked my husband into booking the Adventure for next January. First cruise was suppose to be our one and only cruise, then last year was the last one. Ha Ha I hooked him:D

My folks just got back from a 4 night on Monarch and are officially hooked.:) So they may join us. Debbie

Robyn,

We just booked a b2b on the Serenade out of SJ. How smooth was turnaround day? We just got off a b2b in Galveston and it was not well organized. Did you get your sea pass for the 2nd leg early, or on turnaround day? Did you have to go through customs and immigration on that day? Were you able to spend time in your cabin?

Anything that you can think to tell us would be much appreciated.

Rena

The LA on the Adventure at the end of March was Armelle Koenig. She was most helpful with future cruise information and went out of her way to accomodate appointments outside of the available times listed in her reservation book. :) I don't know if she is still on board or not as our cruise ended 7 weeks ago. :(

Armelle was also the LA on our cruise, too, which was April 27-May 4.

Came home from a fabulous weekend in the North Georgia Mountains to find a package from our TA with our cruise docs. That means it is finally real. Woo Hoo. Six weeks from now I will be enjoying sail away and the start of a needed vacation.

Thanks to Robyn and the other regulars on this board. I have been reading your advice and keeping a notebook (yes, I am a Type A analytical overplanner).

Came home from a fabulous weekend in the North Georgia Mountains to find a package from our TA with our cruise docs. That means it is finally real. Woo Hoo. Six weeks from now I will be enjoying sail away and the start of a needed vacation.

Thanks to Robyn and the other regulars on this board. I have been reading your advice and keeping a notebook (yes, I am a Type A analytical overplanner).

We will be leaving in two months. Can't wait to do our own doc dance. ;)

I am new to this forum so I just read your original thread on the AOS. We were on in January sailing out of P.R. on our first cruise. We sooo loved it that we booked for next Jan on Serenade of the Seas. My comment is as follows. One of the great things about our trip was the Caribbean ambiance on board the ship. Going out of S.J. we heard "true" caribbean (P.R. and Cuban music), then out of Aruba, we heard great "island" music and so on throughout the trip. I loved every minute of it and when we wanted quiet we went to our room. On board were Germans, Italians, French Canadians, persons from Swedish backgrounds as well as many plain U.S. citizens ( no specific pedigree). And yes, persons from Puerto Rico and Venezuela, oh and we met people from Argentina and Spain. So, if you don't like to meet new people and learn new things and enjoy keeping to yourself maybe you should stay home and sit in your bathtub where there will be no intrusions from "outside" your limited sphere. But on the other hand if you love life and want to enjoy the beauty of our world, get to meet new people and have great experiences, get out there and have some fun!!

P.S. - Since the ship sails out of P.R. it would make sense that it would have some P.R. on board, no? I saw not one P.R. misbehaving, in fact, the 2 couples that did misbehave were as American as apple pie (from the midwest I believe). They were embarassing and at that point, there was no one on the ship (even friends) who wanted to know them.:rolleyes:

Day 2 Monday

We arrived at the terminal at 1100....couldn't believe they didn't open the doors til 1135. Once checked in, we boarded immediately. So much for champagne for the plat/diamonds.

Lunch in the Jammer was OK. We are never fans of the WIndjammer.

Spent the afternoon roaming the ship from one end to the other and top to bottom.

It was hot yesterday, somewhere near 90

Muster was at 6....we went dressed for dinner (yes we changed out our shorts) to the muster. dropped of the life jackets and went to eat.

Seated at table 477 and 476. Lorenzo is our waiter. Food was good the first evening. Prime rib, pork, salmon. I also had the vadalia onion tart.

After dinner we went to the Schooner for music trivia. The martini put us over....did not make the Welcome aboard show.

Karen from Trinidad is our cabin steward. Very nice and explained the "ice policy"

My rum made it onboard in the rum runner flask:D

I have my Monday morning coffee and now I am on a food hunt....it is only 7am.

DW is spending $$s in the SPA this morning.

It is great to be back on a cruise again:D

later

Angel....Is that $800 per person? I didn't know that Adventure was going to do Dominica and Grenada. The only thing is those islands just aren't as kid friendly as the others. They are OK but not ones that I want to go back to (unless it's an $800 pp difference)! ;)

No that is total for all of us. We are going in May of next year. The cruise with Dominica and Grenada was cheaper then the one that just went to Aruba and Curacao and St. Maarten and St Thomas. I guess because of the time of year I want to go. I just hope that the kids will like it.

Does anybody know anything about the kids part on these ship? Or have any cruise compass for the kids?

Day 2 Monday

We arrived at the terminal at 1100....couldn't believe they didn't open the doors til 1135. Once checked in, we boarded immediately. So much for champagne for the plat/diamonds.

Lunch in the Jammer was OK. We are never fans of the WIndjammer.

Spent the afternoon roaming the ship from one end to the other and top to bottom.

It was hot yesterday, somewhere near 90

Muster was at 6....we went dressed for dinner (yes we changed out our shorts) to the muster. dropped of the life jackets and went to eat.

Seated at table 477 and 476. Lorenzo is our waiter. Food was good the first evening. Prime rib, pork, salmon. I also had the vadalia onion tart.

After dinner we went to the Schooner for music trivia. The martini put us over....did not make the Welcome aboard show.

Karen from Trinidad is our cabin steward. Very nice and explained the "ice policy"

My rum made it onboard in the rum runner flask:D

I have my Monday morning coffee and now I am on a food hunt....it is only 7am.

DW is spending $$s in the SPA this morning.

It is great to be back on a cruise again:D

later

Glad to hear you're having a great time! What is the "ice policy"?

De

Does anyone know who the Loyalty Ambassador is on the AOS? :confused: We sail in June.... really would love to know...

thanks

The Loyalty Ambassador is JORGE - not sure of his last name :rolleyes:

Robyn,

We just booked a b2b on the Serenade out of SJ. How smooth was turnaround day? We just got off a b2b in Galveston and it was not well organized. Did you get your sea pass for the 2nd leg early, or on turnaround day? Did you have to go through customs and immigration on that day? Were you able to spend time in your cabin?

Anything that you can think to tell us would be much appreciated.

Rena

Hi Rena,

I have not done a B2B Serenade, only on the AOS. I can tell you that on the AOS you do not have to go through customs on turnaround day. The night before the first cruise ends, you can pick up your "in transit" pass from Guest Relations and this allows you to disembark without the whole customs thing. Your new sea pass should be ready for pick up on the last morning - make sure you get it early, because if you are staying in the same cabin for both weeks your first sea pass won't work when they close that account. We were in the same cabin for both weeks, so we told our cabin attendant not to worry about cleaning our cabin until late - we were able to stay in our cabin, or wander around the ship all the morning. I found the AOS to be very organized when it comes to B2B cruises - I would hope that the Serenade will be the same?:)

I finally talked my husband into booking the Adventure for next January. First cruise was suppose to be our one and only cruise, then last year was the last one. Ha Ha I hooked him:D

My folks just got back from a 4 night on Monarch and are officially hooked.:) So they may join us. Debbie

Hi Deb - we are on the same cruise!!!!!:D I look forward to meeting you - sign up for the M&M and check out the roll call thread!

Hi Rena,

I have not done a B2B Serenade, only on the AOS. I can tell you that on the AOS you do not have to go through customs on turnaround day. The night before the first cruise ends, you can pick up your "in transit" pass from Guest Relations and this allows you to disembark without the whole customs thing. Your new sea pass should be ready for pick up on the last morning - make sure you get it early, because if you are staying in the same cabin for both weeks your first sea pass won't work when they close that account. We were in the same cabin for both weeks, so we told our cabin attendant not to worry about cleaning our cabin until late - we were able to stay in our cabin, or wander around the ship all the morning. I found the AOS to be very organized when it comes to B2B cruises - I would hope that the Serenade will be the same?:)

Thanks so much for the information. It is exactly what I was looking for. I was assuming that the Serenade would handle the turnaround the same way in SJ as the AOS.:)

Rena

Awesome cruise, the best ever! Ship is in great shape with many new updates since last year including new banners in the promenade, new plates and cups in the Windjammer and much needed upgraded nice menu holders in the dinning room! Also new carpet in the cabins! We are still here in Puerto Rico, settled in now to the Wyndham Rio Mar, it's a great resort right across the street from the entrance to El Yunque! My crazy wife, now 26 weeks pregnant, spent the day hiking in the rain forest. We hit the Belz Factory Outlets today after our hike and are heading out to the pool now for some relaxation. It's great to have a little buffer between the cruise and the real world! The weather is still awesome and my mom called us from NY, (She had to go back early to hand in grades), and she was freezing cold! We only have 70 pictures left on our 4 gig card, which means we are approaching 2000 pictures taken on this cruise!!! :) Can't wait to start posting some! Well, off to the beach for now!

Ps Captain was Per Arne Kjonso, CD was Mike Szwajkowski and LA was Armelle Koenig, all great! Got all compasses and will be posting major reports as soon as we get back home.

Awesome cruise, the best ever! Ship is in great shape with many new updates since last year including new banners in the promenade, new plates and cups in the Windjammer and much needed upgraded nice menu holders in the dinning room! Also new carpet in the cabins! We are still here in Puerto Rico, settled in now to the Wyndham Rio Mar, it's a great resort right across the street from the entrance to El Yunque! My crazy wife, now 26 weeks pregnant, spent the day hiking in the rain forest. We hit the Belz Factory Outlets today after our hike and are heading out to the pool now for some relaxation. It's great to have a little buffer between the cruise and the real world! The weather is still awesome and my mom called us from NY, (She had to go back early to hand in grades), and she was freezing cold! We only have 70 pictures left on our 4 gig card, which means we are approaching 2000 pictures taken on this cruise!!! :) Can't wait to start posting some! Well, off to the beach for now!

Ps Captain was Per Arne Kjonso, CD was Mike Szwajkowski and LA was Armelle Koenig, all great! Got all compasses and will be posting major reports as soon as we get back home.

Hey you two!(almost 3) Welcome back! I am so thrilled to hear you had such a fantastic cruise on the AOS :D Enjoy your visit to SJ and be sure to give us all the details when you return home.;)

Thanks so much for the information. It is exactly what I was looking for. I was assuming that the Serenade would handle the turnaround the same way in SJ as the AOS.:)

Rena

Rena - glad I could help :D

We are returning to the AOS in January 2009, and for the first time in a few years we are not doing 2 weeks on the ship !!:eek: My DD will be in grade 7 and we cannot take her out for 2 weeks anymore - I think at the end of the cruise they will have to literally carry me off the ship as I will not want to leave!!!! I definitely encourage anyone to do a B2B cruise, but beware......it will spoil you for life!!!

Archived