For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

I finally bit the bullet and booked the AOS for August 2009.:D My DH and I were only going to take a short cruise but I decided since its our 20th anniversary I was going to go all out and take a cruise from my dream wish list. No kids and a hump balcony to boot. I will be reading this thread over the next year and learn all I can about these ports and leaving from San Juan. ;)

02-Aug San Juan, Puerto Rico 8:30 PM

03-Aug Cruising Cruising

04-Aug Bridgetown, Barbados 8:00 AM 5:30 PM Docked

05-Aug Castries, St. Lucia 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

06-Aug St. John'S, Antigua 8:00 AM 5:30 PM Docked

07-Aug Philipsburg, St. Maarten 8:00 AM 5:30 PM Docked

08-Aug St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Island 7:00 AM 5:30 PM Docked

09-Aug San Juan, Puerto Rico 7:00 AM

I finally bit the bullet and booked the AOS for August 2009.:D My DH and I were only going to take a short cruise but I decided since its our 20th anniversary I was going to go all out and take a cruise from my dream wish list. No kids and a hump balcony to boot. I will be reading this thread over the next year and learn all I can about these ports and leaving from San Juan. ;)

03-Aug Cruising Cruising

YAY for you!!!!! :D :D That is so great! Glad to hear you snagged a hump balcony - you will love it I promise!!!!

:) Thanks for all of this info...was a big help in making the decision to book for Jan. 2010! Great intinery and we got the room we wanted.

I am so happy that many people have benefited from this thread :D There was so much negativity a while back about the AOS and it seems as that the more people that try it - love it!:p

03-Aug Cruising Cruising

I am so excited! I booked this intinerary for May 10, 2009...I can't wait!

Just got our docs today for 6-29!!!!

This thread has done a lot to turn things around on the boards for the AOS! Thanks to all who contribute! She's a great ship with great itineraries and we can't wait to get back on next month!!

Just got our docs today for 6-29!!!!

This thread has done a lot to turn things around on the boards for the AOS! Thanks to all who contribute! She's a great ship with great itineraries and we can't wait to get back on next month!!

Okay - how jealous am I?????:p :p I wish I didn't have to wait almost another whole year before I can cruise on my favorite ship again:( Have fun for both of us' date=' okay???:D [/color']

I can't wait to try out the new itineraries in 2010 :D Perfect routes for B2B cruises! Just hope I can swing it again......fingers crossed.....

After I took a close look at the itineraries, I had a hard time passing it up. The islands sound perfect for a 7 night escape.

We were originally planning to book a Panama Canal cruise for November 2009. However when the AOS itineraries were released we quickly changed our minds. Reading this thread has just confirmed for me that we made an excellent decision :)

We were originally planning to book a Panama Canal cruise for November 2009. However when the AOS itineraries were released we quickly changed our minds. Reading this thread has just confirmed for me that we made an excellent decision :)

A great decision it is!!!! Not only are the new itins amazing, but you are going to experience a fantastic ship and crew :D

wow im so glad this thread was started im trying to decide going on the AOS or Serenade in march......can you tell me if tthey have any latin music on the AOS? i know they dont have the boleros lounge but i read somewhere that they have a latin quartet.....

Glad to hear you're having a great time! What is the "ice policy"?

De

We are back in SJ at the Marriott:D

Have to request the ice on AOS

Will give more trip details after I check all these emails:eek:

We are back in SJ at the Marriott:D

Have to request the ice on AOS

Will give more trip details after I check all these emails:eek:

Anxiously awaiting your report.

Sept can't get here fast enough for us:D

Welcome almost back toonjie. Can't wait for your review on Anguilla.

this as a little teaser:

IMG_6398.jpg

IMG_6414.jpg

In a word, Anguilla is spectacular, I don't know if pictures can do the beauty of its beaches justice. I found myself taking the same picture over and over again just hoping the camera could capture the moment! As we lay on our loungers, we felt like we were in one long Corona commercial! More to come soon!

Okay we are finally all the way back home and settled in and I have completed uploading the 1200 + pics we took to Photobucket. (Here's a little preview for AOS fans below) I'm working on my final report, but ask away in the mean time if you have questions. BTW, new ice policy is they only give ice 1X a day unless you request it twice. (ie. with the later cleaning, not the morning.) Our cabin stewart, Linda, briefed us on this change when we first met and we requested it twice a day and it was always full the rest of the cruise. (I noticed the change when we first got to our cabin and there was no ice.)

Just prior to sailaway:

IMG_5857.jpg

Dining Room:

IMG_5800.jpg

Cafe Promenade:

IMG_5842.jpg

Johnny Rockets at night:

IMG_5869.jpg

Main Pool at night:

IMG_5870.jpg

Docked in St. Lucia:

IMG_6295.jpg

Okay we are finally all the way back home and settled in and I have completed uploading the 1200 + pics we took to Photobucket. (Here's a little preview for AOS fans below) I'm working on my final report, but ask away in the mean time if you have questions. BTW, new ice policy is they only give ice 1X a day unless you request it twice. (ie. with the later cleaning, not the morning.) Our cabin stewart, Linda, briefed us on this change when we first met and we requested it twice a day and it was always full the rest of the cruise. (I noticed the change when we first got to our cabin and there was no ice.)

Just prior to sailaway:

IMG_5857.jpg

Dining Room:

IMG_5800.jpg

Cafe Promenade:

IMG_5842.jpg

Johnny Rockets at night:

IMG_5869.jpg

Main Pool at night:

IMG_5870.jpg

Docked in St. Lucia:

IMG_6295.jpg

Is there a charge there at that Cafe Promade?--Don't know what that is..I know there is a bit of a charge for Johnny Rockets.

So if they are now cleaning the cabins in the afternoon--can we STILL board like 11am-noon? & are the rooms that day done by 1pm?

Now I have forgot--do you have a link to the pics yet? Might have showed in the message--but can't see it while I write...lol

Thanks for the "preview"...

WOW toonjie!! WONDERFUL photos!!!! I noticed there was not many people in the different scenes (except the pool). How did you do that??? Did you ask them all to leave before you took the picture. ;) These are making me excitied for our cruise!!! :D Can wait for the rest.

Archived