Voyager Cabins

CruisePhan

I am planning my first cruise aboard the Voyager and welcome some help with cabin selection...

We currently have an 'H Guaranty' for our cruise. My TA explained that Regent will assign us any available H cabin - or better. While it's clear that suites D through H are identical in size and layout, I cannot determine if the location of the cabin warrants the additional expense.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Wow -- you will get lots of feedback your question. Don't think anyone would argue the fact that "aft" suites on the Voyager can have heavy vibration. You would be fine on any deck -- as long as it is somewhat mid-ship. Being next to the lifeboats can be a little noisy at times -- same with the being near the anchor. Hope this helps!

Thank you for the feedback. While lifeboats are not an issue for the H cabins, they are all at the rear of Deck 6. I had vibration issues with our cabin aboard the Navigator and don't want a repeat of that experience.

I guest that I need to consider G Suites to avoid the vibration.

Thanks

Thank you for the suggestion. I think that's the direction I will need to take in order to ensure we don't get a cabin in the rear of the ship. The cost is another $300pp which, when we consider the cost of the entire trip, is insignificant.

I will call my TA tomorrow and will see if any G's are available on Deck 7 (forward) or Deck 6 (mid-ship). Has anyone had vibration problems in the mid-ship G cabins?

I have been midship in G on Voyager 8 times and experienced no vibration but there can be a lot of "creaking" that is somewhat annoying if the seas are rough.

I have also been in Penthouse suites fairly aft on Voyager with no vibration. I have read that the aft horizon suites are the worst ones.

I would spend the 300/pp for peace of mind.

Archived