Mini suite on Grand - room division

Tintown

I understand that there is no curtain dividing the sleeping area from the sitting area in the mini suites. We are sleeping a child in the sitting area and wondered if anyone knew the width at the narrowest point, so that we can improvise some sort of partition? Thanks.

We were on the Grand in December and had the same situation. We had our toddler son sleeping in a playpen in the living room area, while we were in the area with the bed. The ship was able to give us a curtain that they fixed in between the areas to section it off. It was basically a curtain that they had put velcro on, and then put the other side of the velcro up on the wall, right at the ceiling. We took it down during the day and then put it up for naptime and at night.

They were also able to do this for us on the star princess, although on the Grand, it took a bit more pressure, but they came through for us, so it does not sound like it is an unreasonable request. You might want to buy some of that velcro stuff to bring yourself- that way, if they aren't able to to do it for you, you could make one yourself using a bed sheet or blanket. We are travelling on the Emerald Princess in November and are going to bring some just to be safe.

We flipped our cabin stewart $10 for helping us with this request.:D The nice thing about the curtain that they used was that it was a heavy weight, so it blocked light and sound. We were able to watch TV/movies while my son slept with no problems whatsoever!

Enjoy your cruise!:)

The lack of a room divider is the one thing I dislike on the Grand class mini. Really wish there was a way to separate rooms. I love that part of the mini on the Sun class ships.

Any other suggestions to block out light?

Yeah.

Have the kids all stand in a line. They never seem to have a problem blocking my light.

Kids should go on cruises when they can afford to pay for them.

:cool:

Yeah.

Have the kids all stand in a line. They never seem to have a problem blocking my light.

Kids should go on cruises when they can afford to pay for them.

:cool:

Well that was a helpful response. I can see you're new to the forum so I'll assume you haven't learned that hijacking someone's thread for your own personal amusement is not permitted. If you don't have something helpful to offer perhaps you should just avoid the thread in question and look for other opportunities to spread your enlightened opinions.

I would think some people might find the suggestion to opt not to bring their children aboard a cruise ship if possible very helpful.

But I'll be sure and run all my comments by you from now on, thanks.

Well how about you come to my house next month free of charge and watch my kids while my wife and i go on the cruise.

My wife and I have had a mini on the Golden w/our two kids and have a mini on our CB sailing on 2/24. What we did was buy one of those $5 paper shades at Home Depot/Lowes. It has adhesive on one side, stick that to the ceiling and it "accordions" down. There are different widths and are about 6' in length. Does not do much of anything for sound but does give some much needed privacy:cool: . Take it down during the day to open up the room or bring a few paper clips and simply clip it up. Hope you get the idea.....have a great trip either way!

Archived