Owners suite question-Sun

WinnieinWA

I have planned a Family cruise with my 3 adult kids and their spouses in August on the Sun. Seven people total. (all adults.. lawyers, accountants, farmers, car salesman.etc.) I love NCL and Freestyle and know we will love each and every minute of it no matter what. We can be in the middle of a wheat field and have fun!

My question is this:

I've read that occassionally the Owners Suite people are invited to the Captains table for dinner.

Only 3 of us are in the OS. If, in the event, the Captain invites the OS people to dine at his table will we be able to bring the rest of our party with us for that?

I just wanted a heads up just in case. If they are not included then I will have to decline......but then again.whoo hoooo!

For those of you who will put me down for getting an OS.. GET A LIFE. I don't have to justify myself to anyone so please do not respond..

Thanks so very much! :)

Winnie <-----> Can't wait to have kids all together after 20 yrs apart!

Thanks bunches! :)

I would imagine it would be no problem at all to accomodate the additional people in your party - I would just contact the concierge when/if you receive the invitation and if anyone can get you accomodated it will be them! I'm not sure if she's still on the Sun or if she's moved to the Dawn, but Anca was great when she was the Concierge.

Enjoy the Sun. It's a beautiful ship and has one of the nicest Owner's Suites of any NCL ship. The perks are great, and I am sure you'll have a great trip! :D

I would imagine it would be no problem at all to accomodate the additional people in your party - I would just contact the concierge when/if you receive the invitation and if anyone can get you accomodated it will be them! I'm not sure if she's still on the Sun or if she's moved to the Dawn, but Anca was great when she was the Concierge.

Enjoy the Sun. It's a beautiful ship and has one of the nicest Owner's Suites of any NCL ship. The perks are great, and I am sure you'll have a great trip! :D

Thanks so vey much! As I said............we will have fun no matter where we are.......We are comfortable at a Montana rodeo or a 5 star rest. in Seattle.

We just have never had the services that we will receive on this cruise. We are very easy to please and have never been waited on so it is good to know the information you have provided us.

thanks so very much! :)

Winnie <-----> stressed and thrilled about having all the kids together for the last time...........:(

I can't imagine why anyone would "put you down" for booking an Owner's Suite. Has that happened to you in the past? Members here have threads and posts all the time about various cabin/suite categories, including OS's. I don't recall ever seeing one where a member was insulted or flamed for booking one, unless perhaps the member was bragging in an obnoxious way or something--which I am sure you would not do.

Enjoy your cruise and being with your family. (I suspect that the invite would only be for the pax staying in the OS because bringing the entire party would take a large percentage of the table. Usually invites are limited to the people in the suite or cabin only. I suppose it couldn't hurt to ask, but that's kind of like being invited to a wedding or what have you and asking to bring more guests along, IMO. If whomever puts together the invitations to dine with the captain has a list and creates invitations accordingly, it's likely that there wouldn't be room for four more guests who are not on the invitation list.)

beachchick

We were asked to dine with the captain when we were on the Disney Magic (the five of us were in a one-bedroom suite by way of some very lucky upgrades). The concierge knew my DH's birthday was that week and asked me which day. I'm thinking "oh, she's gonna decorate the room" (which they did VERY imaginatively-filled the bedroom to the rafters with balloons). Well low and behold we receive an invite to dine on his birthday. As thrilled as we were, my DH didn't want to be away from the kids. I talked with the concierge to see if they could come as well but the answer was the invite was only for DH and myself. Part of the reason was the captain dined in the adults only restuarant (Paolo's). The kids ultimately decided that we just couldn't miss this and they were fine with not spending DH's birthday dinner with him. It was truly a once in a lifetime opportunity. At some point during dinner I had to get up and go let the kids know we wouldn't make the show that evening because dinner was taking so long. After getting back, the captain said he felt bad that they couldn't join us and asked all of us (including the other couples at the table) to join him for a tour of the bridge when we left Castaway Key the next day. The kids even got to push the button for the horn as we left. This was their first cruise and unfortunately, it's been all downhill since this one! HA

We were in the Sun OS over the Christmas holiday, and did not receive an invite to dine with the Captain. We got the regular invite to the cocktail party, and frankly, I hate those things! :D So, in fact, we never met the captain.

Robin

Hey, don't take any cheap shots at those of us living around wheat fields. Heck just come over to the 'Burg sometime and check out all the orchards, wheat and Hay around here - LOL! I can't imagine why anyone would give you a bad time about taking an OS. Just the opposite, if you're paying send me an invite and I'll join you guys ;) I'm due for another cruise to Alaska on the Sun anyhow.

IMO-a family get together to Alaska on a ship would be the ideal thing to do. Have a great time.

I have planned a Family cruise with my 3 adult kids and their spouses in August on the Sun. Seven people total. (all adults.. lawyers, accountants, farmers, car salesman.etc.) I love NCL and Freestyle and know we will love each and every minute of it no matter what. We can be in the middle of a wheat field and have fun!

My question is this:

I've read that occassionally the Owners Suite people are invited to the Captains table for dinner.

Only 3 of us are in the OS. If, in the event, the Captain invites the OS people to dine at his table will we be able to bring the rest of our party with us for that?

I just wanted a heads up just in case. If they are not included then I will have to decline......but then again.whoo hoooo!

For those of you who will put me down for getting an OS.. GET A LIFE. I don't have to justify myself to anyone so please do not respond..

Thanks so very much! :)

Winnie <-----> Can't wait to have kids all together after 20 yrs apart!

Thanks bunches! :)

Only my opinion, I have sailed the Sun and did get an invitation to dine with the cpt. However, it was specific for myself and one guest. I would NOT ever ask if I could bring along anyone else and think it would not be appropriate to do so. It also is at a fee restaurant and I would not impose on NCL to pick up the tab, if I did put Jacky on the spot with more guest requests. The table was for 6 with 2 other guests, the cpt and chief engineer. Very very nice enjoyable evening.

I have dined with several cpts. and did have a room mate who chose not to go with me, unless she could bring a "new" found friend she met. Guess what, she didn't go. Her loss, but in no way, would I ever request it. I have found that it seemed, numbers were in place for guests they were inviting.

Archived