Flight times home from San Francisco

kywildcatfanone

Hi,

We are considering an Alaska cruise in June with Princess. One of the possible flights home after the cruise leaves Oakland at 11:30am. I know that the Oakland and San Francisco airports are not too far apart, but I don't know where the cruise terminal for Princess is. If the ship arrives and begins departing at 7:00am as listed, could I make a 11:30am flight out of Oakland? Is the cruise terminal close to the bay?

Thanks,

Mike

You would have to cross the bay bridge and then down to the Oakland Airport about 20 miles but should be light traffic on a Sat. or Sun. you didn't say what day of the week you are coming in. Its the same old story if everything goes as planned should be no problem. If you are off the ship by 8 or 9 would be alright. Don't worry you will be ok. Buck

Hi,

We are considering an Alaska cruise in June with Princess. One of the possible flights home after the cruise leaves Oakland at 11:30am. I know that the Oakland and San Francisco airports are not too far apart, but I don't know where the cruise terminal for Princess is. If the ship arrives and begins departing at 7:00am as listed, could I make a 11:30am flight out of Oakland?

IF the ship arrives & begins departing at 7; YES you can easily make an 11:30 flight.

Is the cruise terminal close to the bay? Yes, the cruise terminal is on the Bay. The ships find it easier to dock when on the water, lol. I believe you will use Pier 35 which is about 1 1/2 miles from the Bay Bridge leading to Oakland.

My suggestion is mark your bags clearly as baggage claim at the SF terminal is a zoo and line up ground transport in ADVANCE. Don't plan on catching a cab immediately as there are usually way more passengers then cabs.

Also leave some time for security checkin at Oakland as it is somewhat slow.

Traffic should not be the issue. The issues will be luggage pickup in SF & security at Oakland airport and how quickly you can get your ride outside the SF terminal.

Best of luck.

Archived