NCl Room Service Breakfast Menu

mishdoyle

Before I throw this order form away, I wanted to post it for anyone who is interested. This is the Room Service Breakfast Menu for NCL. It is quite limited and vastly different from Princess, as I think Princess had hot items. Anyway, here it is:

"Available from 6:30am-10:00am.

Good Evening, If you want breakfast in your stateroom, please write down how many orders of each item in the space provided. Place this order form on your stateroom door handle before 4:00am. Thank you.

Juices: ___Orange Cocktail, ___Tomato, ___Grapefruit

Fruits: ___Chilled Melon in Season, ___Fruit Compote, ___Sliced Fresh Fruit, ___Sliced Banana

Yogurts: ___Plain, ___Assorted

Cold Cereals: ___Raisin Bran, ___Corn Flakes, ___Special K, ___Wheaties

Freshly Baked Breads: ___Danish Pastry, ___Muffins and Rolls, ___Dry Toast, ___Buttered Toast

Preserves: ___Orange Marmalade, ___Grape or Apple Jelly, ___Strawberry Jam

Beverages: ___Coffee, ___Decaffeinated Coffee, ___Tea, ___Hot Chocolate, ___Milk, ___Lowfat Milk"

Thanks-good to know what you can get. As long as I can get coffee!lol

On Carnival my kids loved ordering choc. milk and ?frosted flakes/froot loops in those little boxes/containers. I also see they do not specify bread types:re whole wheat or white.

Can anyone tell me if NCL does have those sweeter cereals available anywhere?? We do not have them at home often, and I do not mind if they have them for a treat on their vacation!

Can you order a carafe of coffee, or do they just bring it by the cup? Do they ask what time you would like it delivered?

On one cruise we were on, breakfast room service was so prompt that we used that as our wake-up call. It was always delivered within 5 minutes of the requested time. How nice to have a fresh pot of coffee delivered practically to my balcony every morning!

:)

one hint for chocolate milk....in any of the dining room, if they say they don't have it, ask them for some of the chocolate they use for the ice cream sundaes. some of the waiters may not know how to mix it. on the spirit, the ice cream station is in the buffet...had the chocolate syrup right in front.

at the buffet, we saw many different boxes of cereal..not just the healthy ones. many people grab a box to take with them as a snack on the tours.

I believe most, if not all, ships have coffee "makers". I believe some still are more of a "hot pot" with instant coffee and others are the small 4 cup makers. Large suites on newer vessels have the high-end machines.

I do prefer room service coffee though. Easier than trying to pour water in a coffee maker while 1/2 asleep. Definitely worth the tip for delivery.

Before I throw this order form away, I wanted to post it for anyone who is interested. This is the Room Service Breakfast Menu for NCL. It is quite limited and vastly different from Princess, as I think Princess had hot items. Anyway, here it is:

"Available from 6:30am-10:00am.

Good Evening, If you want breakfast in your stateroom, please write down how many orders of each item in the space provided. Place this order form on your stateroom door handle before 4:00am. Thank you.

Juices: ___Orange Cocktail, ___Tomato, ___Grapefruit

Fruits: ___Chilled Melon in Season, ___Fruit Compote, ___Sliced Fresh Fruit, ___Sliced Banana

Yogurts: ___Plain, ___Assorted

Cold Cereals: ___Raisin Bran, ___Corn Flakes, ___Special K, ___Wheaties

Freshly Baked Breads: ___Danish Pastry, ___Muffins and Rolls, ___Dry Toast, ___Buttered Toast

Preserves: ___Orange Marmalade, ___Grape or Apple Jelly, ___Strawberry Jam

Beverages: ___Coffee, ___Decaffeinated Coffee, ___Tea, ___Hot Chocolate, ___Milk, ___Lowfat Milk"

I will let you know when we return from Princess but my understanding is, Princess is very much like NCL and most lines, no hot food unless you have a suite. HAL does offer hot breakfasts. My only problem with hot breakfast in the cabin, unless you have a balcony it is more bother than it is worth the eat it.

Nita

I will let you know when we return from Princess but my understanding is, Princess is very much like NCL and most lines, no hot food unless you have a suite. HAL does offer hot breakfasts. My only problem with hot breakfast in the cabin, unless you have a balcony it is more bother than it is worth the eat it.

Nita

I would agree, it is hard to eat a hot breakfast without a dining table.

Which NCL suites have, and they can order hot breakfasts.

Just look at the infrastructure needed to support hot breakfasts within the cabins. Some cabins can, and some cabins can't. It is that simple.

Nita

Nita - Princess offers hot food (or, at least they did until very recently). But, it really is best with a balcony to enjoy it on.

Have fun!!

Freestyle 2.0 promises a "new and expanded room service menu". Let's hope hot breakfast items will be one of those enhancements...

If they can serve hot items at other times of the day, why wouldn't they be able to do it for breakfast?

The breakfast room service menu on Princess looks pretty similar, as I recall. However, on Princess you can often write in hot items and they will arrive (or at least we have had good luck with that.) Has anyone tried that on NCL??

The breakfast room service menu on Princess looks pretty similar, as I recall. However, on Princess you can often write in hot items and they will arrive (or at least we have had good luck with that.) Has anyone tried that on NCL??

I haven't but have heard some have and they have gotten what they ordered. it might be like the main dining room menu: if you do not like what is being served for dinner you can request other veggies, salmon,steak or chicken for you entree and baked potatoes, they just don't broadcast this. I really am not sure. One thing I do know, Princess does not have coffee makers in the cabin which is going to bother us a little.

Nita

if you can see it in this photo...

yes, they have grounds..but you can bring your own. yes, they have filters. i don't drink coffee, the only time i used one was on my alaska cruise for hot chocolate. i hear some people bring their own grounds. i don't remember what sugar sub they had in the cabins, i know up at the buffet they had the yellow, blue and pink subs.

31779949_Coffeepot.jpg.50beb0f59e479bbf90e7a40e9b593433.jpg

Are they the little 4 cup ones? Do they give you coffee grounds and filters....or ?

What about half & half and Splenda?

They are four-cup makers and take the crown-shape filters. The coffee is Folgers, in pod-paks. I'm no coffee aficionado, and I use Folgers at home, but it takes two of those pods to make a decent cup of coffee. I always bring filters and coffee with me from home. It's such a luxury, not just in the morning but any time, to come back and have a fresh cuppa in peace and privacy without having to wait for room service.

Yes, they have Splenda, Equal and Sweet n' Low, and peel-paks of real half and half.

I love room service breakfast. I love staggering to the door and getting the tray and having fruit and coffee and rolls before my eyes are open. I always have singles in a drawer to give the room service staff. One of the extra special things I love on a cruise is smoked salmon and bagels for breakfast; it isn't something we have at home. Carnival and HAL have it for room service (can't remember if Princess does) but NCL doesn't (yet). I hope it's on the 2.0 menu.

(ok, I'm ready to go... somewhere.)

Jana

The coffee grinds were in little pouches, the white, pink, blue, and yellow were in small bags. No filters or grinds in a can or big bag. Half and half was in the small plastic containers with the pull off top. I believe I got this right, yellow is splenda, sweet and low is pink, and Nutra is blue. I prefer the white packages, sugar. I don't recall whether there was a package of cream substitute. I have spent a week in the hospital since my last cruise, and while I have paid my 20% of the bills, I could have spent several weeks on a cruise for that one week in the hospital. If anyone thinks cruise food is awful, hospital food is. While I have enjoyed every cruise, I didn't have to cash in my 401k to pay the bills for a criuse like I had to spend a week in the hospital. I have since discovered I am addicted to salt, the only good thing I have found is the existence of salt substitute.

Coffee pots in the cabins, how cool is that.:D :D :D I'm already liking NCL and haven't even set foot on the ship yet. This offsets their bucket deposit for "Buckets of Beer" policy.:p Sailing on the "Sun" so if I don't hear anything different about the coffee pots I will be packing the ol Starbucks.

I haven't but have heard some have and they have gotten what they ordered. it might be like the main dining room menu: if you do not like what is being served for dinner you can request other veggies, salmon,steak or chicken for you entree and baked potatoes, they just don't broadcast this. I really am not sure. One thing I do know, Princess does not have coffee makers in the cabin which is going to bother us a little.

Nita

Princess has no cheese platters on the room service menu either. They wanted to charge me big bucks for a few slices of cheese and fruit!