Adding a third person close to sailing date

gtalum

It has come to my attention that there is a slight possibility that my mother will be unable to babysit for our daughter for my upcoming Sensation cruise on January 24. My TA says it's too late to add a third person, per Carnival policy. Is this true? I can't add a third person 9 days ahead of time? It seems odd since I'd be able to book the cruise with a new booking if I wasn't already booked...

Anyway if we can't add her, we may have to cancel. I don't think our travel insurance covers our situation, but I'm going to check. :(

It has come to my attention that there is a slight possibility that my mother will be unable to babysit for our daughter for my upcoming Sensation cruise on January 24. My TA says it's too late to add a third person, per Carnival policy. Is this true? I can't add a third person 9 days ahead of time? It seems odd since I'd be able to book the cruise with a new booking if I wasn't already booked...

Anyway if we can't add her, we may have to cancel. I don't think our travel insurance covers our situation, but I'm going to check. :(

Are you in a cabin designed for two or three people? If the ship is completely booked, it may be a problem moving you all into a cabin that has an overhead bunkbed. How old is DD? My DD is 3 and too small to climb up into the bunk, but they still give us a cabin for 3 whenever we all book.

This is one of those ... you won't know until you try questions. Seeing as you are already in a cabin that can hold an extra person, it doesn't seem like Carnival would turn down more money for that cabin. I guess what really matters if it takes up a single passenger space that they think they can make more for by selling another cabin.

What it comes down to, though, is that even if it is policy, your TA needs to try. I've had plenty of things happen for me that were against policy ... amazing what spending more money will do. Have your TA call or request a 3-way teleconference so that way you can have a definitive answer.

Oh, you have a suite, it should be no problem getting DD booked in there. I think Homeland Security requires the list of passengers either 48 or 72 hours before departure, so you should be able to call and get it set up for her today. You guys have a blast next week.

Well I talked to Carnival, and teh agent there said that they have no such policy, and we can add her up until the day of departure, as long as the ship is not at maximum capacity. So I need to call my TA and request a three-way call with Carnival.

I have to wait a few of days to make sure we need to take her. It all depends on what happens over the next few days.

Well I talked to Carnival, and teh agent there said that they have no such policy, and we can add her up until the day of departure, as long as the ship is not at maximum capacity. So I need to call my TA and request a three-way call with Carnival.

I have to wait a few of days to make sure we need to take her. It all depends on what happens over the next few days.

Three way call for a three some.........:cool:

DD is 16 months old. The cabin is a Category 12, which holds 5 so there's room for her. Carnival is also still selling cabins in several categories for this sailing.

Given she is 16 months old there she and you have cabin that can be for 5 passengers there should be no problem. Even if there were cabins still open, she could not be in a cabin by herself so that should not even be an issue.

I just did this yesterday. We had everyone over to our place on Sunday to discuss our upcoming sailing on the Triumph on Feb 9. 13 people... My dad came along too and decided that it sounded like fun. So, the juggling act began. I had to call my TA, who reserved another cabin that could accomodate a third pax. The whole process took over 2 hours with jumping back and forth between the TA, emails and calls to my dad. In the end, he's booked.... new cabin, however, his flgiht is TBA...hopefully we're on the same flight...........

But in short, absolutely possible.

Archived