Taxi- Safe for solo female?

Maineac

I'm planing on spending a day at Sandy Lane and was wondering how safe it would be for me to take a cab ride alone.

Thanks

The people of Barbados probably have got to be one of the friendliest I've ever met. Taxi ride alone? can't really say. But the the drivers we had during our cruise stop in Barbados were nothing but wonderful. Your chances of being in a cab alone on the way to the beach may be slim because they try and get more people to one cab even if they are going to different areas. There are numerous cabs waiting when you exit the ship terminal and one port employee/supervisor who finds a cab for you. (that was the process used the day we were there) Be sure to ask the price before you get in.

If you've never been to Barbados, I truely hope you enjoy this island. it is one of my favorites. The beaches...stunning!

We were two women travelling on our own. While everyone in Barbados is very nice, we were more comfortable having a female driver.

Linda was very accommodating. Everything in Barbados is expensive,but we found Linda to be very reasonable. She not only runs a taxi service, but she will put together a tour if you wish. This is what we did.

Her email is: lindamayers@hotmail.com . If that doesn't work try:

LindaMayers@hotmail.com .

Archived