Wave Runner Stingray City Adventure

new_to_cruising

Has anyone done this excursion through Island Marketing? What did you think? What resort does this excursion leave from? Do we have to pay for the transportation from the port to resort?

We are trying to decide on this excursion or the Stingray Reef Rum Point excursion through Nativeway. Anyone have suggestions or comments?

We actually took the jet boat (which I think they no longer offer) but the waverunners were with us. Island marketing was good to work with. You leave from the Caymanian (sp) resort and you do have to get your own taxi out there. It's quite a ways from the spot you tender from. As soon as you get back from your tour you need to go ahead and call for a taxi back cause it takes them about 45 min to get out there. At least it did us. Meanwhile you are free to enjoy the pool or whatever at the resort. It was fun.

We're scheduled for this excursion in March. It does leave from the Grand Caymanian resort so you are responsible for your transportation to and from. We're going to try renting a car thru Avis. It's about $70 for the day. But from what I've heard/read a round trip taxi will be close to $50 for the 3 of us. Renting a car, we'll have a few hours before our 1pm excursion time to check out other things we're interested in and wont have to worry about waiting after the exursion for a taxi to come to the resort to get us. From what I gather, the resort is off the beaten path a bit. But the excursion sounds awesome and worth it! We're in port from 10 to 6 so we should have plenty of time to deal with tendering, gettting the car, exploring and returning the car.

Has anyone done this excursion through Island Marketing? What did you think? What resort does this excursion leave from? Do we have to pay for the transportation from the port to resort?

We are trying to decide on this excursion or the Stingray Reef Rum Point excursion through Nativeway. Anyone have suggestions or comments?

We did this at Thanksgiving, but they had transportation for us for $10 a person round trip. You might ask them about this?

It was a total blast!! We didnt get to stay at Rum Point very long because we had some slow riders, so that was a bummer. But I still had a great time!

yes, the resort is a little off the path, and it we didnt have time to do anything at it, since our driver was ready to go when we got back.

But we didnt mind, it gave us time to shop.

We did the Rays, Reef & Rum Point excursion through Native Way last spring and are booked to do it again in March. It is a great combination of activities and our family thought it was the best part of our entire cruise! They provide transportation to and from the port and a nice lunch as well.

if you wanted to stay at Rum Point can you stay there instead of going back to resort, and just get a tAXi when ur ready to go back?

Not easily. You'd have to prearrange a taxi, as there aren't any waiting at Rum Point, and it would likely take about 45 minutes to an hour for one to get there from George Town. Also, keep in mind that the taxi would probably cost you about $75 US or so...I'm not sure it's worth it for an extra hour or so on the beach.

Can you give me a little more description on the Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour please? I have always booked my excursions thru the ship. We are finding it difficult to accomadate everyone in our group, ages 21,9,12 then the adults, one of which is 6ft 2 and almost 300lbs. We'd like to be able to do at least one excursion together and this sounds like it would be for all of us.. But I need some details PLEASE:D

• 3 weeks later...

We took this tour last year. I booked the tour for myself and DH over the Internet about a month prior to our cruise - we did not have to pay any deposit in advance. We easily found our driver at the pier, and had to wait a few minutes for the rest of the group to arrive, and then were taken by air-conditioned van to the dock (~15 min drive). We all got onto the boat (there were 8 of us (ages approx. 5-60), the captain, and a photographer/videographer) and then took a short ride out to the stingray sandbar. By this time, my DH was seasick, and he spend the rest if the trip in the ship's bathroom! At the sandbar, we all stood in the shallow water (3-4 ft) and got to feed, hold, and take pictures with the stingrays. I would say we were there for about 30 min. Then we went back on the boat for a very short ride to the snorkeling - we were accompanied by a guide and the videographer. The snorkeling was pretty good, and lasted about 30 min. Then we all got back on the boat, and they took our orders for lunch at Rum Point so it would be ready when we arrived. We took a short ride to Rum Point, and docked there, and had lunch - the food and drinks were excellent! Total time there was about 1 hour (not long enough!!) Then we headed back to the boat and to the original dock (and most of us settled up with what we still owed them), and were taken back to the pier by the van. The videographer also tried to sell us photos (about $10 each, which we bought) and she previewed a video (good quality, but $40, and shipped to our home address - we didn't buy). We still had some time to shop before out ship left port.

This was a great way to spend the day, and we had a BLAST! I highly recommend this tour and this company!

I hope that this helps with your decision...

DO IT! This was by far my families BEST memory of our cruise! My DH and DS took off like crazy on the jet ski and our leader guy carefully looked after me the mom and the younger DS. YOu arrive at Stingray city like a celebrity while everyone else is crammed on the boats. Then you hop back on and cruise over to the hotel very quiet beach to have a drink. Then again a great ride back to the hotel. The TAxi was very reasonable. We would do this again in a heartbeat!!

For the person who asked if you could stay behind and catch a taxi back to the resort....No because you have to ride your jet ski back. Can't just leave it there.

It's fun, but rushed IMO.

I agree, it was very rushed and we only stayed at rum point beach long enough to go to the bathroom. The ocean was very choppy and rough on the wave runners.

Archived