Where to return car in Port Canaveral

atljb2

Does anyone know the actual name of the town where most of the rental car agencies are near the port? Is it Cape Canaveral or Port Canaveral, I'm trying to find out if I rent at MCO where I would put in the dropoff location would be. I've heard through CC that Budget, Avis and Hertz are closest to port.

Thanks,

Does anyone know the actual name of the town where most of the rental car agencies are near the port? Is it Cape Canaveral or Port Canaveral, I'm trying to find out if I rent at MCO where I would put in the dropoff location would be. I've heard through CC that Budget, Avis and Hertz are closest to port.

Thanks,

You can add Thrifty and Enterprise to the list. They are here and will take you to/from the ship. The town is Cape Canaveral!

and here is a list to help you ;-)

Car Rental

All agree that the cheapest option is to rent a car one-way from the airport, drive to the port, drop luggage/family off at port, drop rental car off and take rental car shuttle back to the port. Repeat in reverse for your post-cruise trip back to the airport. Hertz, Budget, Thrifty, Avis and all have drop off locations and free round trip shuttles very close to the port (companies are listed in order of closeness to the port). These four places are open on Sundays and their port shuttles start early in the morning until the afternoon.

National does not have shuttle service to the port. Enterprise has a location on Merritt Island which is a barrier island between the mainland and the beach. They will shuttle you both ways during normal business hours which are M-f 9-6 and Sat 9-12. The closest Dollar car rental is on South Babcock in Melbourne which is about 20 to 25 mins away from the port.

Your best bets are Hertz, Budget, Thrifty, Avis and Enterprise. (these are in order as closest to the port)

Look here for car rental coupons and discount codes:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=558119

Enterprise Car Rental is now located in Cape Canaveral where Hertz once was

Address is:6211 North Atlantic Avenue, Cape Canaveral 32920

Phone number is 321-866-0324

fax number is 321-866-0325

http://www.enterprise.com/

The General Manager is Shakeira Tennort and what a sweetie - she said they have 4 shuttles to and from the port - open at 7AM and closes at 6PM - Stopped by today and spoke to Shakeira the assistant manager and now they are opened 7 days a week. The email address is shakeira.l.tennort@erac.com

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO TELL THEM YOU ARE OFF THE BOARD OK?

Their hours are Monday to Friday 7:30AM to 6PM and Saturday & Sunday 8AM to 4PM

Avis car rental has agreed to meet or beat prices per Bob Fink

Also remember you have Jeremy that is a great guy and will do what he can to help you - another of my favorite places

http://www.aviscapecanaveral.com

12/12/2007 Their email is STILL out of order so the best I can tell you is when you go to their website, use either their local phone number or fax number.

Always

Shirley

• 7 months later...
and here is a list to help you ;-)

Car Rental

All agree that the cheapest option is to rent a car one-way from the airport, drive to the port, drop luggage/family off at port, drop rental car off and take rental car shuttle back to the port. Repeat in reverse for your post-cruise trip back to the airport. Hertz, Budget, Thrifty, Avis and all have drop off locations and free round trip shuttles very close to the port (companies are listed in order of closeness to the port). These four places are open on Sundays and their port shuttles start early in the morning until the afternoon.

National does not have shuttle service to the port. Enterprise has a location on Merritt Island which is a barrier island between the mainland and the beach. They will shuttle you both ways during normal business hours which are M-f 9-6 and Sat 9-12. The closest Dollar car rental is on South Babcock in Melbourne which is about 20 to 25 mins away from the port.

Your best bets are Hertz, Budget, Thrifty, Avis and Enterprise. (these are in order as closest to the port)

Look here for car rental coupons and discount codes:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=558119

Enterprise Car Rental is now located in Cape Canaveral where Hertz once was

Address is:6211 North Atlantic Avenue, Cape Canaveral 32920

Phone number is 321-866-0324

fax number is 321-866-0325

http://www.enterprise.com/

The General Manager is Shakeira Tennort and what a sweetie - she said they have 4 shuttles to and from the port - open at 7AM and closes at 6PM - Stopped by today and spoke to Shakeira the assistant manager and now they are opened 7 days a week. The email address is shakeira.l.tennort@erac.com

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO TELL THEM YOU ARE OFF THE BOARD OK?

Their hours are Monday to Friday 7:30AM to 6PM and Saturday & Sunday 8AM to 4PM

Avis car rental has agreed to meet or beat prices per Bob Fink

Also remember you have Jeremy that is a great guy and will do what he can to help you - another of my favorite places

http://www.aviscapecanaveral.com

12/12/2007 Their email is STILL out of order so the best I can tell you is when you go to their website, use either their local phone number or fax number.

Always

Shirley

So now we are thinking of taking our Carnival Cruise out of Port Canaveral instead of Miami. it is looking less expensive and theres more hotels and such for us to stay at....and we may even sneak a day in at Magic Kingdom the day we arrive!

We would fly into Orlando right?

Is there a Hertz location near the Port?

I could pick my vehicle up and return it to the port! then Vice Versa on the day we return!!!

• 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Don't use AVIS Cape Canaveral

I was in port for a cruise last week and rented a $26 car plus taxes (used coupons)

had the car only 4 1/2 hours

when I got back from my cruise a week later I see a charge of $110

I call he said he would refund the difference

well 3 days later the refund is only $46 not $78

I don't know how this guy can just charge anything they like

Either he doesn't know how to add/subtract or just adding charges and seeing if they stick.

I should not have to spend hours to fix a simple problem

they also on the phone before my rental said last shuttle 6pm when i got there they said 5pm even tho they close at 6pm so I had to pay my own way back to the ship(which is fine)

-- this is just my experience and others may have no problems just posting mine, I never review businesses but when i had to make 6 phone call and spend hours out of my day for a 4 hour rental

Edited by S.Jersey Adventure

Don't use AVIS Cape Canaveral

I was in port for a cruise last week and rented a $26 car plus taxes (used coupons)

had the car only 4 1/2 hours

when I got back from my cruise a week later I see a charge of $110

I call he said he would refund the difference

well 3 days later the refund is only $46 not $78

I don't know how this guy can just charge anything they like

Either he doesn't know how to add/subtract or just adding charges and seeing if they stick.

I should not have to spend hours to fix a simple problem

they also on the phone before my rental said last shuttle 6pm when i got there they said 5pm even tho they close at 6pm so I had to pay my own way back to the ship(which is fine)

-- this is just my experience and others may have no problems just posting mine, I never review businesses but when i had to make 6 phone call and spend hours out of my day for a 4 hour rental

You may want to call back and talk to the owner Bob. I happen to know he runs an up and up business.

3 things to always do when you rent a car.

1 When you pick up vehicle:

The rate is always on the rental documents they have you sign (and usually they make you put your initials next to the rate) when you pick up the vehicle. If you have those papers & were charged something different notify them & give them one chance to correct it. If they do not, file a chargeback. If you do not have those papers, then lessen learned-always keep them. If the rate is different from what you booked, the time to dispute it is BEFORE you pick up the vehicle. If you sign the rental document with a wrong rate on it, then it is your fault - not theirs.

2. ALWAYS walk around vehicle & take pictures of any damage or even if there doesn't appear to be damage still take pictures. This is your proof if they try & come back after the fact with a damage claim against you.

3. VERIFY the final rate they give you when they give you your receipt after the rental. If anything doesn't agree with the rate on your initial rental agreement ask for clarification before leaving.

Edited by aria48

• 6 months later...
You can add Thrifty and Enterprise to the list. They are here and will take you to/from the ship. The town is Cape Canaveral!

Rented a National Car rental from WDW to Port Canaveral. Does anyone know where the return is? I have read here that it is not at the port. Do you have to take a taxi back to the port?

Rented a National Car rental from WDW to Port Canaveral. Does anyone know where the return is? I have read here that it is not at the port. Do you have to take a taxi back to the port?

Google is your friend:

Cape Canaveral National

6211 N Atlantic Ave

Cape Canaveral , FL 32920-5820

US

Phone:

(321)866-0324

Fax:

(321)866-0329

Hours of Operation:

Sun: 07:00 am 04:00 pm

Mon-Wed: 07:30 am 05:30 pm

Thu: 07:00 am 05:30 pm

Fri: 07:30 am 05:30 pm

Sat: 07:00 am 04:00 pm

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I seem to recall that a single location can have more than one booking code. When I was picking up my last rental at Port Canaveral a few years ago, the agent said I used the wrong location code even though it was same building. This resulted in higher taxes/fees... I was returning from cruise FYI...

Need to book something for next month's cruise and hope to avoid this problem...

I seem to recall that a single location can have more than one booking code. When I was picking up my last rental at Port Canaveral a few years ago, the agent said I used the wrong location code even though it was same building. This resulted in higher taxes/fees... I was returning from cruise FYI...

Need to book something for next month's cruise and hope to avoid this problem...

That's true with Avis. P3F is "Port Canaveral Shuttle for Cruise Ships". Y6C is the same location, but no shuttle.