New luggage rules for Carnival

billsrobb

Last week I thought I saw a thread about Carnival allowing you to carry your luggage on board with you. I probably got the wrong idea. Can someone please fill me in on what the new thing is?

Thanks,

Robb

It's not a new thing to carry on your luggage, as long as it will fit through the security scanner. It needs to be 24"x16" or less.

That is 24" wide by 16" high. There is no limit on the length, as it will sit on the belt.

You can carry it on if you wish as long as it meets the criteria.

OK, I am confused. I thought it was the basic airplane carry on size. Why would it matter if it was 24" high and 16" wide like the standard carry on?

OK, I am confused. I thought it was the basic airplane carry on size. Why would it matter if it was 24" high and 16" wide like the standard carry on?

It has to fit through the X-ray scanner. If it is wider than 16" or taller than 24" it will not fit. I had to "smoosh" down my backpak on our last cruise. It was 25" high:o

It's not wider than 16, taller than 24. It is wider than 24, taller than 16.

If you get those backwards, you're hosed.

I measured my 29" rolling luggage with the expandable handle. It is your normal luggage.

Fully packed, laying it flat on the ground and measuring, it is 12.5" tall. It is 14" wide, and of course the length does not matter, but it is 29" long.

That is how you need to measure it.

Archived