Any tea making facilities on board?

Tintown

I think I heard somewhere that there are no tea making facilities in the cabins - is this correct? If not, how do you go about getting a cup of coffee when you feel like one - do you have to go to one of the restaurants etc., or is there somewhere where you can quickly grab a coffee and take it back to your cabin if you want to? Also, is there a fridge in the cabin? You can probably tell - it's our first cruise coming up!

Order tea / coffee from room service.

Go to the buffet -- tea bags and really hot water available and coffee dispensing machine. You can take it to your cabin (may be with some snacks). Yes -- ALL cabins have a mini-fridge.

I think I heard somewhere that there are no tea making facilities in the cabins - is this correct? If not, how do you go about getting a cup of coffee when you feel like one - do you have to go to one of the restaurants etc., or is there somewhere where you can quickly grab a coffee and take it back to your cabin if you want to? Also, is there a fridge in the cabin? You can probably tell - it's our first cruise coming up!

I remember our first sailing on the Sea Princess back in 2005. It was so nice to have coffee and tea making facilities in our mini suite. The ship had just come back from P&O and they had not been removed yet. The following year, all gone, they had pulled them out of every stateroom.

I agree, I wish they would put them back in, it made it so handy to have everything right there without having to leave the stateroom or call room service. And the quality of what I could make myself was so much better.

Some say it's a safety issue, but why some cruise lines offer this and others don't shows me it isn't just a safety issue.

We've been with Oceania twice (Ionce Regatta and once Nautica) and have not seen teapots in the cabins.

Do you perhaps mean Oceana, a Sun class ship currently sailing for P&O (UK)?

Huge difference between Oceania and Oceana (about 47,000 tons!)

We've been with Oceania twice (Ionce Regatta and once Nautica) and have not seen teapots in the cabins.

Do you perhaps mean Oceana, a Sun class ship currently sailing for P&O (UK)?

Huge difference between Oceania and Oceana (about 47,000 tons!)

Sorry, should have clarified that! I meant at the buffet, we were on Insignia & they bring your tea in a teapot to your table. Nice not to have to jump up for another cup:)

Jan

Princess does offer an afternoon tea, most days. It's in the Patters. I really enjoyed it. No, it was not tea at the Drake, but I was not at the Drake and they did a lovely job.

Besides, the Drake's tea is a tad stuffy :) (big hotel in Chicago).

I drink about 7-10 teas/day and, obviously, bring my own; so hot water is crucial for me. Now, at the risk of having my cabin stewart search my cabin from hereon out, here's what I do...

On the first day I ask for some tea from room service in order to get a carafe (I ask for tea for 2 to get the large carafe). I also go to the buffet to get one of their mugs which holds more than the Barbie sized china one gets from room service.

That carafe then gets as well washed as possible (to try to get rid of much of the coffee leftovers as possible) and then gets "appropriated" for the rest of the cruise. This usually in the closet together with the mug, spoon, and the sugar holder.

Every time I want tea, I just head to the buffet and fill up my carafe with hot water (and it is piping hot) and I also refill with Splenda every chance I get.

I do wish that Princess would provide a proper hot water kettle that they deem safe for on-board use. Heck, I would gladly rent one from them as an extra amenity if they would just have them...

I drink about 7-10 teas/day and, obviously, bring my own; so hot water is crucial for me. Now, at the risk of having my cabin stewart search my cabin from hereon out, here's what I do...

On the first day I ask for some tea from room service in order to get a carafe (I ask for tea for 2 to get the large carafe). I also go to the buffet to get one of their mugs which holds more than the Barbie sized china one gets from room service.

That carafe then gets as well washed as possible (to try to get rid of much of the coffee leftovers as possible) and then gets "appropriated" for the rest of the cruise. This usually in the closet together with the mug, spoon, and the sugar holder.

Every time I want tea, I just head to the buffet and fill up my carafe with hot water (and it is piping hot) and I also refill with Splenda every chance I get.

I do wish that Princess would provide a proper hot water kettle that they deem safe for on-board use. Heck, I would gladly rent one from them as an extra amenity if they would just have them...

Thanks for passing on your method! I don't know why I didn't think of this myself;) . I will use this on my nect cruise & think of you.

Jan

Archived