Tips on Dawn

ddixon30

I will be cruising on NCL Dawn for the first time and wondering how to tip? Some things that I have read states that you can tip cash if you choose to whomever, and other things have stated that a tip of $10 per day per person is automatically added to your account. Please fill me in!

$10 per person per day is automatically added to your onboard account for tips for room stewards, wait staff, etc. 15% tip is automatically added to all bar bills.

You can tip extra if you choose.

I will be cruising on NCL Dawn for the first time and wondering how to tip? Some things that I have read states that you can tip cash if you choose to whomever, and other things have stated that a tip of $10 per day per person is automatically added to your account. Please fill me in!

$10.00 per day pp per cabin will be added to your onboard account as a service fee (tip). 15% will be added to all drink orders.

You can tip additional if you want, but it is not required.

Happy Cruising

I bring singles with me for tipping the Room Service people. Usually $2 - $3 depending on how much we ordered. I bring a stack of singles and keep them in the safe. This way they are always there for whoever places an order.

I have also always given my room stewards extra at the end of the cruise. Usually I don't have a problem with them bringing me whatever I need that falls within their job description. This amount can vary depending on the length of the cruise and how much they are used.

Paraphrased from the NCL web site, FAQ's, Welcome aboard docs, and the contract of carriage.

All passengers are assessed a $10 per day service charge. Tipping is neither expected nor required. If you want to tip some one feel free to do so, but you do not have to leave any tips. Beverages at the bar have a gratuity added to the price. (Spa and excursions are the exception.)

Please do not attempt to remove the service charge.

Also, please don't turn this into a mandatory tipping surcharge issue. The OP wanted to know what the ships policies are, not what he should do.

I bring singles with me for tipping the Room Service people. Usually $2 - $3 depending on how much we ordered. I bring a stack of singles and keep them in the safe. This way they are always there for whoever places an order.

I have also always given my room stewards extra at the end of the cruise. Usually I don't have a problem with them bringing me whatever I need that falls within their job description. This amount can vary depending on the length of the cruise and how much they are used.

Sorry but it would have been nice if you could have helped the OP instead of telling him what you personally do for tipping. This is why these threads get out of control.

Some things that I have read states that you can tip cash if you choose to whomever, and other things have stated that a tip of $10 per day per person is automatically added to your account. Please fill me in!

Sorry that I didn't answer the question to your specifications, zqvol. Thank you for policing the boards and making sure that we all stay on topic.

I did notice that someone else appreciated what I had to say.

Have a good night and to the OP - enjoy your cruise.

Archived