Alcohol in your room

sharon j

Maybe there have been some changes then. Last time we were on the Explorer of the Sea (3 years ago) we were able to go to the liquor store on board and pick what we wanted (pay the cost plus $10+ extra) and then took the bottle to our room. We did the same thing on Princess except Princess brought it to our room for us whereas Royal just put the bottle in a bag and gave it to us to take to our room. They did hold the bottle you bought until departure if you did not pay the extra cost. I was hoping the policy was still in place.

Maybe there have been some changes then. Last time we were on the Explorer of the Sea (3 years ago) we were able to go to the liquor store on board and pick what we wanted (pay the cost plus $10+ extra) and then took the bottle to our room. We did the same thing on Princess except Princess brought it to our room for us whereas Royal just put the bottle in a bag and gave it to us to take to our room. They did hold the bottle you bought until departure if you did not pay the extra cost. I was hoping the policy was still in place.

3 years is a long time -- can't do that anymore. Booze bought on the cruise now arrives no the last night. Only day you can take it back to your room is if you buy it on the last day.

Can you still buy a bottle of rum from Royal Caribbean bottle shop (pay a surcharge) and bring it to your room for consumption.?

Just got off of the explorer last week and you could not buy a bottle to take to your room for consumption during the week. But i went down to the shop the last full day of the cruise and they were letting you take the bottles to your room on the last day. If you can drink a whole bottle of liquor in a day, more power to you.

Well this whole buy a bottle on the last day has got me thinking... I'm going to be on a b2b cruise in August so on the last day for everyone else will only be halfway through my cruise. Maybe I'll be able to buy a bottle and no one will be the wiser... Unless the room steward takes it away! Would they do that?

Well this whole buy a bottle on the last day has got me thinking... I'm going to be on a b2b cruise in August so on the last day for everyone else will only be halfway through my cruise. Maybe I'll be able to buy a bottle and no one will be the wiser... Unless the room steward takes it away! Would they do that?

No the room steward should not touch it but try to keep it in your luggage or closet so he doesnt have to see it just incase he would see it. That is a great idea, hopefully it works for you!!

Babysangel. if your cruises are "linked" in the system, RCI will know you are staying on board and will likely retain your liqour purchases until the very end.

If they are not "linked" you are in. Your TA or RCI can tell you. You may be able to "unlink".

In our experience the room steward will not bother you if you are discrete about it all. ;)

Do not count on doing that. On my last B2B cruises, we had written notice in the cabins that any bottle bought on the last day of our first week, would be held until the last day of the second week.

Somehow we were in the stores system and they knew who the B2B people were in the store. Either a list of our names, or the Sea Pass card info.

We could not buy any. ;)

Just wondered if RCCL has a program like Carnival and HAL where you can pre order alcohol thru them to be in your room at sail away???? I did this twice on my two Carnival cruises and a friend did it on HAL. I think Celebrity offers it to. Does RCCL have a program like this???? Thanks.

Dan

I read on this board a couple of months ago about someone who was staying in the Presidental Family Suite. They said they were able to order liquor and mixers through beverage services. Not sure if this is available just for suites or not.

You can't do that even in the suites. I think maybe they ordered a party set up and had the drinks delivered. They won't bring you bottles of alcohol. Trust me, I have tried in both an OS & a GS. We had champagne & strawberries delivered for sailaway but couldn't get them to bring us a bottle of anything but wine or champagne. I WISH they hadn't done away with the surcharge to take a bottle back to your room. I think the new policy actually pushes more people to try to smuggle booze onboard since they know they can't buy it and take it back to their room. I do like to fix a drink before dinner but haven't been able to do that on our last few cruises because of the new policy. We can, however, head to the CL or DL now but can't take it back to our cabin.

So you are saying we can buy the little bottles and take them to our rooms? Just a little nightcap before beddy bye is all I like to have.

No, that person meant that s/he had successfully brought those little bottles in her/his luggage without detection.

well this is from the post that I read, from Dec 10th 2007. He was on the Liberty in May 2007, don't know if the policy has been changed since then:

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneeyedguy viewpost.gif

I read in another post that they will stock the bar for you. Does anyone know how much this would cost? Do you have to contact someone before you go or just ask after your on board?

When we stayed in the PFS this past May we had our concierge contact beverage services, they came to the suite and took a list of everything we wanted. It's not cheap but it was great to have a fully stocked bar when we wanted it. They came by everyday with new glasses and mixers.

Jewel Of The Seas -- Oct 2008

Liberty Of The Seas -- Feb 2008

Liberty Of The Seas -- May 2007

Brilliance Of the Seas -- Apr 2005

Disney Magic -- July 2004

Carnival Holiday -- Feb 1993

and also this:

Originally Posted by oneeyedguy viewpost.gif

Thanks for the reply. Do they charge you for the mixers? How much is a bottle go for? Grey Goose? Captain Morgan?

I want to say it was like $ 50.00 a bottle, the did not charge us for anything else ....

Found this one also.... by the same poster:

Originally Posted by shand32783 viewpost.gif

So a bunch of us have booked this cabin and it's getting real close to cruise time.

I thought I read somewhere where the Concierge Host will call or email you to see if you needed anything set up for your arrival or food for a Bon Voyage party. Does anyone know if this is true casue with one week to go...No call.

Also If the bar is not stocked on the Balcony...Why have one?

Can we order a bunch of Pizzas from Sorrentos and bring them back to the room for the Bon Voyage?

What is the Concierge Lounge all about. I know we'll have access but is it more for social gatherings? Is it really open bar from like 5:30 til 8 or whatever? I sure hope they stocked the bar for our cruise cause we'll get our moneys worth if thats the case.

Thanks if you can help me...

8 of us stayed in the PFS in May and it's a wonderful suite, you will love it. We paid to have the bar stocked with whatever we wanted - beverage services came to the suite and we gave them a list of everything we wanted and they had it there within a couple hours -- I think we went thru like 5 bottles of Gray Goose alone. Room service was also very happy to bring whatever we wanted, we hosted a CC M&M for brunch and had approx 30 people there. You will find the RCCL staff is awesome and just can't do enough for you.

Jewel Of The Seas -- Oct 2008

Liberty Of The Seas -- Feb 2008

Liberty Of The Seas -- May 2007

Brilliance Of the Seas -- Apr 2005

Disney Magic -- July 2004

Carnival Holiday -- Feb 1993

Wow, we will be on Liberty but they have never allowed us to do this before and we have been in suites on 4 of our cruises. It will be interesting to see what they say this time. Thanks for the info and I will check into it and see if this was a one time thing or if it can be arranged. Since he mentions the concierge I would assume that it would ONLY be available to suite guests if at all.

So you are saying we can buy the little bottles and take them to our rooms? Just a little nightcap before beddy bye is all I like to have.

Correct, you can purchase the tiny bottles and take them with you, at least they allowed us the last time we were on. They don't advertise it, but if you grab a few, they put them in a back for you and you can take them with you.

merion mom, or bakincakes............do they allow glasses from bar to end up in the room, or will they provide "to go" cups? i have no intention of trying to smuggle, but thought somehow i could purchase a cocktail for my room late at night---thanks for any response.:confused:

Archived