QE2 faster than QV??

phileas

I am currently on the QV and wondering if it would be quicker to send mail via the QE2 rather than using the computers on the QV!

Trying to use up the 'free' computer time offered as part Cunard World Club benefits is very easy.

Last night, 1 hour taken to successfully send one e-mail, as it failed 9 times! The computers are a complete joke, and it has been amazing that I have managed to get onto CC today, although it did take about 10 minutes to load!

Other than that, the ship is fine and although the average cabin has only 4 drawers in total, we have managed to find space for most things including a few bottles of fizz. (Not PA though!!)

Phileas

Frustrated with the computers, but pleased to be cruising!:)

Last night, 1 hour taken to successfully send one e-mail, as it failed 9 times! The computers are a complete joke, and it has been amazing that I have managed to get onto CC today, although it did take about 10 minutes to load!

!:)

On a recent cruise (not Cunard) I found that it was best to try to log on when no one else was also on. It was a small ship with only 200 passengers.

The problem is not with the computers but with the link to the satelite. If the ship is pitching etc the link could be difficult and it also depends on the bandwidth (the size of the pipe) the system has ship to satelite.

David.

I think they have bandwidth issues on QV, thats why they don't let you use WIFI for free.

Apparently if you use a WiFi laptop, then everything is working normally, whilst at the same time the on-board computers do not!

As you say, it must be to get more money from people!:D :D

Archived