Tender Question Explorer/Bar Harbor

benzygirl

• 2 months later...

Yes I took the cruise maybe 3 years ago while on vacation at BH.

If you have only eaten a lobster and would like to learn more about them, you would find this cruise educational. Captain John is very knowledgeable and friendly keeping the cruise interesting.

Lulu is located about 1/4 mile from the tender dock.

SBtS

How far a walk is it?

You will find the answer in the last sentence of message #5. :D

:o Sorry I somehow missed that sentence.

Thanks for the recommendation. Just have to decide whether to book the early morning or afternoon tour, since we have to tender in.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
?How far a walk is it from where tender drops you, or do you recommend taking a cab to Lulu

You really do not have to take a cab to anything in Bar Harbor...Most things are within walking distance and for thethings that aren't, Bar Harbor offers a free bus service. It goes to places in the park and makes stops every half hour (I think) so you can take one bus and ride back on another. It is caled the Island Explorer bus...Here is the website and a picture of the bus. http://www.exploreacadia.com/

Have a great trip!

100_0424.jpg

You really do not have to take a cab to anything in Bar Harbor...Most things are within walking distance and for thethings that aren't, Bar Harbor offers a free bus service. It goes to places in the park and makes stops every half hour (I think) so you can take one bus and ride back on another. It is caled the Island Explorer bus...Here is the website and a picture of the bus. http://www.exploreacadia.com/

Have a great trip!

100_0424.jpg

Thanks so much for this info. There is sooo much to see and do in all the ports and sooo little time. Guess we'll have to do this cruise every year so we can get to see everything:)

Archived