Size Of Ships

blackpool belle

I’ll try, but it’s been a while since I’ve had to recite in class – from small to large:

• Pacific, Tahitian Princesses ~ 30000 GRT
  • Royal Princess ~ 45000 GRT
  • Regal Princes ~ 70000 GRT
  • Sun, Dawn, Sea Princesses ~ 77000 GRT
  • Coral, Island Princesses ~ 92000 GRT
  • Grand, Golden, Star Princesses ~ 109000 GRT
  • Diamond, Sapphire Princesses ~ 113000 GRT
  • Caribbean Princess ~ 116000 GRT

How many did I get correct?

If you've sailed RCI, then you'll enjoy Princess. There aren't as many inside cabins on Princess ships so that the passenger ratio isn't as dense. The Horizon Court compares to the Windjammer with one major difference: it's open 24/7. There isn't the personalized sandwich-maker that I've had in the Windjammer but all you have to do is ask.

The Princess pools are freshwater, not salt. However, there's no rock-climbing wall and there's no ice skating, if those are must-dos. Embarkation on Princess is vastly superior and muster is held indoors, in a lounge, where you're comfortable and can hear everything.

If you book a Princess tour, it's a "reservation" and you don't have to pay for it ahead of time. Then, you have up until 9AM the day before to cancel.

I think the food and service on Princess is better but that's subjective. There are alternative restaurants on Princess ships so that if you want to have a steak or eat Italian, you can (for a small fee.) Princess also offers "Anytime Dining" which means that you can eat anywhere you want at any time. You can choose whether to have traditional early or late seating, or treat the dining room(s) like a restaurant and show up.

The soda card is less-expensive on Princess. There are some things Princess doesn't have: soft ice cream dispenser; mall-like promenade; hmmm... thinking, thinking. :)

Archived