Food on Labadee

Gumdrop

Is the food served on Labadee the same for RCL passengers as it is for X? Thanks! :)

Food is taken from the ship to Labadee - so if there is a difference it is what ever the ship decides. Basically Hot Dogs Burgers Ribs and Chicken

On Labadee on our first cruise in '02 we had the burgers/hotdogs/sausages plus barbequed chicken and ribs, potato salad, a spicy rice dish, baked beans and a couple other sides. Cookies and cake for dessert. They also served beer, pop and water.

It was the last stop, but our favorite stop on that cruise, Explorer to the Eastern Carib. The next year we took Explorer to the western and Labadee was the first stop. Unfortunately, it rained all day and we never made it over. :( Well, we got to the dock after waiting till 11AM, but we didn't get off the tender because as soon as it left the ship the heavens opened up, so we stayed on and went back to the ship. A bunch of hardier pax got off anyway, passing drenched early comers racing to the tender.

The day we did spend there was totally relaxing and I would love to go back someday. We were there from 9:15-4:15 and had to drag ourselves back to the tender. :D

We stopped with the Millie at Labadee. This was the first time Celebrity had ever stopped at Labadee. It is beautiful! Unfortunately, we found the lunch totally disorganized. There was not enough food, by 1:00p.m, there was little left. What was there was not appetizing at all.

We had to cut short a beautiful day at the beach by going back to the ship to eat. The tenders ate up our time also.

I am sure that by the time you go to Labadee things will be better organized.

I have written this so you can be on the safe side..,take something to eat from the ship. That way you won't be caught short.

The confusion was probably due to it being a new stop for X. RCCL has been doing it for a long time and was very organized the day we were there.

WE were there with RCCL last march and it was 3 hours before there were any drinks available on the island..:eek: . I never did see food..

Archived