$70.00 Gratuity ....

dressdenn

So you feel this is divided equally or do you think it's better to tip yourself throughout the cruise?

I also would never remove the automatic gratuity. If you want to tip extra during the cruise, then by all means do so.

Popping the pop corn as we speak, mmmmm breakfast popcorn.

butter anyone.

I think anyone who removes the automatic tips is probably a cheapskate trying to get out of minimum tipping. I have yet after reading more of the posts from someone asking this question to change my mind.

It is not divided "equally". You can see how it is divided up on Carnivals website.

If someone goes "over and above" you are free to give them a little extra. If you cut it out completely some of the behind the scenes individuals may get nothing.

I wasn't going to remove it. I just wondered if it was divided fairly...

I figure if Carnival chooses how to divide up the tips and those who work for Carnival know about it, then its fair. Im not going to second guess the cruiseline. As everyone here says, the subject has been discussed and rediscussed ad naseum.

You claim here you were not going to removed the auto tips, but above you asked about giving them out on the ship...the only way to do that would be to go and ask to have the auto tips removed.

Maybe I worded that wrong. Not sure. I wondered if people just paid that or tipped individually or did both. I wasn't saying I was going to remove it..just wondered how everyone else did it.

This is a public board and people who don't post here all the time can post questions that have been discussed to death without knowing

SO SORRY!!!

I figure if Carnival chooses how to divide up the tips and those who work for Carnival know about it, then its fair. Im not going to second guess the cruiseline. As everyone here says, the subject has been discussed and rediscussed ad naseum.

You claim here you were not going to removed the auto tips, but above you asked about giving them out on the ship...the only way to do that would be to go and ask to have the auto tips removed.

433.gif

I haven't booked yet. Booking on Friday with family and friends. Some are doing the $70.00 and some aren't sure. I did the $70.00 the last time then went around and tipped certain people my last night (Cabin person, wait staff, purser and so on)... I think I'll just do it the same way as last time. Don't want anyone to be forgotten. Thanks for the comments.

I personally don't worry about it.

I imagine those that apply for these jobs are told exactly how they will get paid, and their range of salaries.

Then they decide if they want the job or not.

Now, why are you worrying about it? :confused:

Sorry a little OP - re: tipping. If you have two adults and two children (under 12) staying on one cabin do the children also pay $10 each per day gratuity/service charge?

Thank you

Yes, unless they are under 2 yrs of age, I think.

Check Carnival.com FAQ. The answer should be there.

I don't think it is divided equally...here is the thing....I try to not look at it as tips, I just include it in my cruise price because I don't feel these people make enough money as is and they work 12 hour days or more sometimes...so even if I don't have a stellar cabin steward I would not remove it. I give an extra tip to the cabin steward and the dining room servers if I feel they are great and on both cruises our dining room servers were amazing...our first cruise our cabin steward was beyond wonderful...our last cruise the cabin steward just sucked all around and we were not at all happy with him as well he seemed really shady and we felt uncomfortable. He forgot to turn down the beds 3 days, we would call for towels because we didn't have any and he would say he was going to bring them but didn't...so for him I did not remove the tips but I didn't leave him anything extra.

Maybe I worded that wrong. Not sure. I wondered if people just paid that or tipped individually or did both. I wasn't saying I was going to remove it..just wondered how everyone else did it.

This is a public board and people who don't post here all the time can post questions that have been discussed to death without knowing

SO SORRY!!!

You did nothing wrong and have nothing to apologize for. You asked a legitimate question and the other posters should provide answers either by directly answering your question or referring you (preferrably with a link) to a location or a thread where you can get additional info.

There really are some great people on this forum and a lot of valuable info available. Unfortunately, sometimes our on-line personnas come across somewhat brusque. And some topics (such as tipping) have a tendancy to rub people wrong and the replies get very emotional. Remember that it really isn't personal and sift through the info and you will learn a lot.

Happy posting.

dressdenm - I agree with Diana. You have nothing to apologize for. Sometimes doing a search for a question you have ends up with ever a ton of threads or non at all, so it's easier to just ask your question and wait for the "good" people on these boards to help you out. I've learned lots from these good people. Don't let the obnoxious scare you away!

So you feel this is divided equally or do you think it's better to tip yourself throughout the cruise?

From Carnival:

What is the tipping policy onboard? spacer.gif Service Gratuities

For your convenience, we automatically charge the gratuities for dining and stateroom staff to your onboard Sail & Sign account. The total amount is $10.00 per guest, per day (our recommended guideline) as follows:

$ 3.50 Per Day Stateroom Services

$ 5.50 Per Day Dining Room Services

$ 1.00 Per Day Alternative Services: distributed to other kitchen and hotel service staff

For Cruises-To-Nowhere, gratuities of $10 per guest, per day must be prepaid.

Our Staff is totally committed to exceed your expectations in every way possible. If you are not satisfied with the service you receive, we encourage you to contact the Purser’s Information desk while onboard. This will allow us to address your concerns in a timely and appropriate fashion. At your discretion, you may adjust the gratuities at any time.

For beverage purchases, fifteen percent of the bill is automatically added to the Sail & Sign charge. Room Service staff may be tipped as service is rendered. Tipping your Maître d’ is at your discretion, based upon the service you receive.

Some tip as per auto-tips, some add to it in cash. Some don't tip at all. If the service is outstanding [its always good] I'll give cash to that person. I also add a cash tip for drinks even tho 15% is added to the drink price.

Dan

Archived