$70.00 Gratuity ....

dressdenn

RCCL must have changed recently, then. In August, we had to authorize the tips to go on our sea pass, no later than two days before cruise end.

Cruised RCL in APR. 07. I went to the Purser and asked what happens when somebody does not sign and hand out the vouchers. They said unless we actually asked the tips be removed from our SeaPass, the tips would still go to our servers and be on our final bill. [it was] The info we received with the vouchers makes it seem to be a must do thing, but its not. Seems to me RCL is going one better than CCL to keep the tips flowing.

Dan

cruise1234567, why doesnt it surprise me that you remove the auto tips?? thats why you are always starting threads about removing tips and asking about tips Im sure. I'm glad you finally came out and said you remove the auto tips. .... and of course Im sure you tip at least the minimum amount the auto tips would be?

I have always removed them but I also like things done my way and I admit I do push them around with money.But they are always glad to cater to me.:D

I don't want to be asked if I want another drink,when its half empty,just bring another.I also want my cabin sheets changed everyday,2 ice buckets filled,and I want triple towels everyday.I want a pitcher of ice tea or lemonade at my table both in the dining room and in the buffet ($5 tip guarantees it,and its stays full).So just look for the table with its own pitcher and thats me.:)

I have always removed them but I also like things done my way and I admit I do push them around with money.But they are always glad to cater to me.:D

I don't want to be asked if I want another drink,when its half empty,just bring another.I also want my cabin sheets changed everyday,2 ice buckets filled,and I want triple towels everyday.I want a pitcher of ice tea or lemonade at my table both in the dining room and in the buffet ($5 tip guarantees it,and its stays full).So just look for the table with its own pitcher and thats me.:)

I always smile when I see your posts. At least you would keep things lively. There were some people at our table on the Ecstasy that should have tried your trick with $5. Ill have to remember it. She wanted her ice tea FULL of ice with a full separate big glass of ice on the side so she could keep putting more ice in and she was constantly upset because she never had enough ice as she wanted and they didnt keep it full. She needed to learn from you!!! hahahahahahhaha Now I know.

Life would be boring if we all always agreed with each other.

I think this post is the most Obnoxious I've ever read on these boards.

So you feel this is divided equally or do you think it's better to tip yourself throughout the cruise?

This is what Carnival wants for tipping so this is what I will give them. Having worked in the service industy I never like automatic gratuity since I usually made more than the average 15%. But I figure if this is Carnival's standard who am I to argue. I don't plan on leaving more since I can't think of any above and beyond service I would need. I would remove tips if the service was below average but hopefully that is rare and won't be an issue.

As you have probably deduced from my posts, I'm pretty demanding too. And I too use money to get what I want. But the auto-tips always stay in place. The money I use to satisfy my wants is extra money on top of auto-tips. After all its only $10. a day for all. When I tell the dining room server how I want my meals and drinks there's a 10 that goes with it. When I order a drink from a waiter, there's a single that goes with the signing. If I'm at the bar [preferred] a pro bartender gets a 10 plus a buck a drink on top of the 15%. Bartender's not a pro? I'm gone to a different bar. Day 2, they know me, and my drinks make my eyes water instead of watered down. Why bother with removing the auto-tips?

Dan

I always figured there was a lot of ego involved for those that removed the TIPs and actually distributed them personally.

Sounds like you tip above, however. I certainly hope so if feel the need to "push them around" with money. :rolleyes:

I think this post is the most Obnoxious I've ever read on these boards.

Why?

Money talks and the crew knows it.My room steward gladly does it for the extra.

Just like Dan40s post before this one, he also knows that a little grease goes along way.Do you think he has to wait for a beverage server? They watch for his drink to get low,just like mine or that bar tender spots him and services him with a goooood drink.They know that there is something for them and its repeat business which is more money in their pocket.

If you have read my postings you should know I am sometimes so far out in left field that I am in right field:D .

Its just the way I am.:)

Archived