Seabourn Tour Fees

PittsburghJack

We're not fans of "bus tours" and usually don't take them; and I know this is a difficult question, but can anyone venture to offer the "average price" or range of an in port Seabourn tour? Our journey begins in Lisbon and ends in Monte Carlo. Haven't received our docs yet and was just curious.

Thanks so much. Jack:)

You can go onto the seabourn web site and go to my cruise put in your booking number and see all the tours and there costs. You can pre book which i think is good you can always cancel the day before the tour. They don't charge you until you get on board. Cost are from maybe 69.00 to 250.00 US. The dollar is weak so the price could be different. But go on seabourn's web site an look them up. GOOD LUCK

We're not fans of "bus tours" and usually don't take them; and I know this is a difficult question, but can anyone venture to offer the "average price" or range of an in port Seabourn tour? Our journey begins in Lisbon and ends in Monte Carlo.

From our June 2006 cruise on Seabourn in the Greek Isles and Turkish Coast, the tours were good and the quality of the people on the cruise added to the enjoyment. It was NOT just an old, boring bus rides with grumpy folks.

Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

I would like to "third" curiosx and TLC Ohio's opinons regarding Seabourn Shore excursions. The tour guides are top-notch, college educated professionals who love their work and are eager to share their little corner of the world with you.

I checked out your itinerary and the only place I have taken Seabourn shore excursions was Casablanca in November 2002 and 2006. In 2002, I did the 13 hour tour to Marrakech and fufilled a childhood dream. I absolutely loved the tour! The only drawback to the tour is that Marrakech is 160 miles away and a 4 hour ride each way (there is a rest stop about half way with refreshments). The leisurely lunch was at a nice restaurant.

In November 2006, I did the 10 hour Casablanca and Rabat (capital of Morocco) and thoroughly enjoyed that excursion as well! It is fully documented in my Legend 06 slideshow.

I highly reccommend both tours. However, if Casablanca is a once in a lifetime port call for you, then I would sugggest you consider the Marrakech excursion, take lots of pictures and relive the memories.

One of the benefits of booking full day Seabourn shore excursions is that when you arrive home to your suite onboard, there is a tasty, energy producing "Care Plate" (wrapped in cellophane to retain freshness) from the Chef. :cool:

Jack--the Seabourn bus tours are not at all like the larger ship tours--the buses are usually smaller and less crowded--we have taken many trips on the route you are taking, and enjoyed all of them. No cigar smoking on the bus!!! What the hell happened to the Steelers--the Pittsburgh fans in Tucson were crushed--did go to the Fiesta bowl and enjoyed watching West Virginia beat the Okies. Don--The Parodi Kid.

Don,

The Steelers...............hmmmmmmm, let's see. Could it be the intellegent quarterback? (You remember, the one that rides a motorcycle sans helmet.)

Thanks for the info on the tours; we'll consider it.

lord,

Thanks for the reminder; the Experience Tours are included..."ain't nothin' free.":eek: :D

Jack

If your cruise stops in Valencia or Marseille, you will probably have the opportunity to go "Shopping with the Chef."In Valencia, we were driven around the city for about an hour (a nice overview) before heading to the huge central market. The chef described many of the unfamiliar products and purchased quite a few of them to include on that night's menu. A couple of participants expressed interest in an item and the chef bought it and prepared a special-order dinner for them. So, if you are a "foodie" I would strongly suggest booking as soon as it is announced on board (it was limited to 18 people). This excursion gave us a different, yet very positive, perspective of Valencia's culture - after all, you are what you eat! There was no charge to participate.johnny

Archived