Caribbean Princess only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Lets create one topic thread on this ship and everyone go have 1 place to go to get the questions and answers more readily available to them.

Listed below is a website by a another CC member who has all inside information concerning this ship!

Link below:

http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/

Caribbean Princess Roll Calls direct link below!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=297

Can anyone advise of what are my options for parking my vehicle while i am on my cruise. I am driving down and wonder where i can leave my vehicle. Also for those who have used the parking areas can you advise of price of stay! Thanks in advance!

This is also exactly the question you should post over on the Eastcoast departures (on the florida board) There is all sorts of info about parking there.

marilyn

Good idea of having a thread that just is for a specific ship. Saves trying numerous search combinations that result in the threads that answer the questions you might have.

Hope it catches on.

Can anyone advise of what are my options for parking my vehicle while i am on my cruise. I am driving down and wonder where i can leave my vehicle. Also for those who have used the parking areas can you advise of price of stay! Thanks in advance!

The response below your question does actually get you to all the choices for parking at Port Everglades.

We drive down to the port alot from Michigan and we have always parked at the Northport parking structure because if its convenience. We just drop of our checked luggage with the porters at the curb and make the very short drive to the parking structure and walk back with our carry-on stuff and get in line. This works out very well when the ship embarks and returns to the same pier. (There are many times the ship will leave from the South Terminal and return to the North Port depending on length of voyage and other ships in port.)

I don't remember the cost of the Northport Parking. I'm sure it will be more than some off site location, but we like the closeness and the fact we don't have to load and unload the luggage more than once.

The response below your question does actually get you to all the choices for parking at Port Everglades.

We drive down to the port alot from Michigan and we have always parked at the Northport parking structure because if its convenience. We just drop of our checked luggage with the porters at the curb and make the very short drive to the parking structure and walk back with our carry-on stuff and get in line. This works out very well when the ship embarks and returns to the same pier. (There are many times the ship will leave from the South Terminal and return to the North Port depending on length of voyage and other ships in port.)

I don't remember the cost of the Northport Parking. I'm sure it will be more than some off site location, but we like the closeness and the fact we don't have to load and unload the luggage more than once.

Thanks so much for the insight!

Thanks so much for the insight!

Glad to be of some direct assistance...

If you aren't using it, may we borrow the number 20 car for our drive down to Lauderdale? I guess we could make it there in at least half the time. :D

What's the difference between the two?

The Crown Grill has a larger better selection on their menu than Sterlings. The cover charge is also higher - 25.00pp. Here is a menu from another CC poster.

CROWN GRILL, PREMIUM SEAFOOD AND CHOP HOUSE

APPETIZERS:

Black Tiger Prawn and Papaya Salpicon, Mustard Seed Aioli, Anna Potato Salad

Carpaccio of Pine Nut Coated lamb Loin, gooseberry Chutney, Minted Pear Spaghettini

Cherrystone Clam Bake, Baby corn, Red Bliss Potatoes, Pearl Onions, sugared Tomatoes

Mediterreanean Style Spiny Lobster Cake, Tarragon Foam, Cured Olives, Grilled Asparagus

North Pacific Sea Scallop and Pan Seared Foie Gras, Baby Bok Choy, Green Apple and Fennel Slaw

SOUPS AND SALADS:

Shrimp and Pancetta Bisque

Black and Blue Onion Soup

Rockfish and Sweet Potato Chowder

The Grill Salad, Grape Balsamic Dressing

Marinated Goat's Chees and Heirloom Tomato Salad

SEAFOOD:

Prince Edward Mussel Pot

Vongole (clams and sausage)

Potpourri of Seafood Stew (lobster, crab, red snapper, mollusks)

Wild Black Stioped Bass and Brioche Breaded King Prawns

Pan Roasted Barramundi Papillote

Grilled tiger Prawns in Whiskey, Chili and Garlic Marinade

4 oz Maine Lobster Tails

CHOPS:

Sterling Silver Beef Chop

Maderia Glazed Wisconsin Veal Chop

New Zealand Lamb Rack

Sterling Silver Pork Chop (double thick)

Porterhuse (22 oz)

STEAKS:

New York Strip, 12oz

Kansas City Strip, 16oz

Rib Eye, 14oz

Filet Mignon, 8oz

Potato and Vegetable Choices:

Loaded Baked Potato

Garlic and Herb French Fries

Red Skin Mashed Potatoes

Crown Grill Scalloped Potatoes

Grilled Asparagus

Creamed Spinach

Corn Casserole

Sauteed Wild Mushrooms

DESSERTS:

Molten Dutch Chocolate Fudge Obsession (w double chocolate ice cream)

Wild Berry and Apple Cobbler (w vanilla cider ice cream)

Lemon Meringue Pudding Tart (w macadamia nut shortbread)

Seven Layer S'mores Stack

Caramel Cheesecake Parfait

The Crown Dependence (sampling of featured desserts! :-)

*LOBSTER ADDENDUM:

A $9 surcharge applies to each of these 2 lobster dishes in addition to the $25 cover charge, resulting in a total charge of $34 per person. This includes as many dishes and courses as your heart and palate desires off the regular menu.

Whole Mane Lobster, 1 and a half - 2 pounds (kettle steamed or split and grilled with lemon butter)

Australian Lobster Tail, 12oz (broiled with pepper butter or split and grilled with garlic.

My husband and I ate at the Crown Grill in August on the Emerald and it was wonderful! We tried lots of different dishes and they were all fabulous. Our personal favorites were all of the soups, the lobster cakes, the steaks (of course) and we loved the french fries! Definitely give this restaurant a try!

We will be on the CB in March, before Sterling switches to Crown Grill, so can anyone advise me on how good the food is in that restaurant?

Thanks!

Do you know if juice is free during the day on caribbean princess?

My son only drinks apple juice. I found that I could get it in the dining room at any meal (not sure if this was just because it was for a kid or not) We brought along a sports bottle and the waiter in the dining room filled it with juice for me to go. At lunch if we were eating up on the deck, one of us would take the sports bottle to the dining room and have it filled.

Archived