The New My Time Dining

[quote name='Suzanne74']I don't think the shows would be changed at all. People have the option of eating around them. I for one, have no desire to ever go to another RCCL show again. I have been to three and that is my fill of cheesy. :D[/quote]

You are obviously a person with strong opinions. :rolleyes: I would hope that you will allow that the opinions of others can be equally valid and that there is no obligation on the part of any cruiseline to consider only your point of view or particular tastes or interests when designing their cruise experience. There are many passengers who find the shows (many of them at least) to be anything but cheesy and look forward to going to them each or most evenings. Sure, they can "eat around them" assuming that they actually are able to dine at the time they want and don't encounter the half-hour wait for a table that is frequently the norm on some ships that have anytime or freestyle dining:)

[quote name='negc']...There are many passengers who find the shows (many of them at least) to be anything but cheesy and look forward to going to them each or most evenings. Sure, they can "eat around them" assuming that they actually are able to dine at the time they want and don't encounter the half-hour wait for a table that is frequently the norm on some ships that have anytime or freestyle dining:)[/quote]
I have seen no facts to support the assertion that a half-hour wait for a table is the norm in anytime/freestyle/my time dining situations. I think also that if your priority is to see a show that maybe having that coveted table for 2 is not the most important thing and that maybe you would sit where there is a seat available. There are ways to lessen a wait if one exists.

I'm not a show person either and do understand some people want to see them every night. I thought the show times were clearly posted, so believe that "eating around them" should not pose a significant hardship. It's about priorities.

Just wondering, it was stated that Tips would have to be paid in advance. Being stock holders and using the booking number we usually start with a pretty nice cabin credit. 1/2 of it usually pays our tips. Do you think we'll still be allowed to use the cabin credit or will the pre paying of tips in advance be put right on our credit card as a booking charge?

I would like to try the new "my time" since too many times we've been put at a table where no one shows up. We love dining with other people and when you sit at an empty table you just feel like everyone in the dining room is stearing at you the entire meal. With all the information the cruise lines ask, they should include a spot where people that plan to eat at the buffet every night should elect not to have a seat reserved for them in the dining room.

[QUOTE]You are obviously a person with strong opinions. :rolleyes: I would hope that you will allow that the opinions of others can be equally valid and that there is no obligation on the part of any cruiseline to consider only your point of view or particular tastes or interests when designing their cruise experience.[/QUOTE]

So because you disagree with the fact that I personally find the production shows cheesy somehow equates to me having a strong opinion and that I feel the cruiseline should take all of my opinions into consideration??? I see all of your "traditionalist" posts and don't reply that you have a strong opinions with eyes rolling. You need to loosen up some and get a grip. I was smiling when I wrote it - it was a joke.

[QUOTE]
There are many passengers who find the shows (many of them at least) to be anything but cheesy and look forward to going to them each or most evenings. Sure, they can "eat around them" assuming that they actually are able to dine at the time they want and don't encounter the half-hour wait for a table that is frequently the norm on some ships that have anytime or freestyle dining:)
[/QUOTE]

Are there not 2 shows a night? You are telling me that people will have trouble eating around the shows and may miss both of them? That is absurd. Even if there is a 30min wait to eat (which so far, no one has posted there has been with anytime) there is still plenty of time to hit either one of the shows before or after dinner if you plan it. As the above poster just mentioned - the times are clearly posted on the compass. If someone wants to see the show, they can calculate what time to eat for themselves but there is still a choice and no need to sit for a 2hr meal if the show is getting close. If they don't want to see the show then they can eat whenever they want. I just don't see the already set show times would ever be an issue with anytime or traditional dining. Again, just my opinion. Don't worry, I want call RCCL and let them know. ;)

[quote name='cruissett']Just wondering, it was stated that Tips would have to be paid in advance. Being stock holders and using the booking number we usually start with a pretty nice cabin credit. 1/2 of it usually pays our tips. Do you think we'll still be allowed to use the cabin credit or will the pre paying of tips in advance be put right on our credit card as a booking charge?

I would like to try the new "my time" since too many times we've been put at a table where no one shows up. We love dining with other people and when you sit at an empty table you just feel like everyone in the dining room is stearing at you the entire meal. With all the information the cruise lines ask, they should include a spot where people that plan to eat at the buffet every night should elect not to have a seat reserved for them in the dining room.[/QUOTE] I think you have to pay the tips in the same way you pay for your cruise fare so I don't think you can use the cabin credit.

Archived