Pros/Cons of Decks and room locations on Fantasy Line

LanaJae

I am having a difficult time understanding what the difference would be in categories 6A/6B/6C/6D (or respective inside categories), so if you have any opinions or insight, please offer it here.

I have never cruised, so soon I might learn this first hand..

For 6A to 6B, the difference would be larger window vs. portholes I think.

I don't understand why or how a 6B to a 6C would be an upgrade or why people would pay more to be on one vs. the other.

I would think that being 6D might mean that you could walk up the stairs to the Atlantic Deck rather than waiting for an elevator, but can't think of any other reason.

Beyond that, I don't understand the cost differences because all the rooms look the same. Can you see more from the window in categories 6C and 6D?

What would be a preferential room location?

• Front of ship
  • Middle of ship
  • Back of ship
  • Near elevator/stairs

Walking up rather than waiting for an elevator is the main reason folks want higher decks, but pretty much all the cabins are the same.

No, the 6A doesnt have portholes (5A has port holes lol). The only difference between 6A and 6B is the 6B is one deck higher, same exact room.

On the Conquest type ships the 6Es are difference, they are quads meant for families and have floor to ceiling windows, but mostly the only difference between the same type of cabin is which deck its on.

4A is the lowest deck of inside cabins, 4B is the next deck up etc. The number is the category and the A, B, C shows you which deck its on.

Most people try and get mid ship, more convenient and less motion. Actually the lower and mid ship is the least motion, but folks dont care as long as they are mid ship. Very fore or aft you get some noise at times, especially lower down and more motion, so those areas are less wanted.

Walking up rather than waiting for an elevator is the main reason folks want higher decks, but pretty much all the cabins are the same.

No, the 6A doesnt have portholes (5A has port holes lol). The only difference between 6A and 6B is the 6B is one deck higher, same exact room.

On the Conquest type ships the 6Es are difference, they are quads meant for families and have floor to ceiling windows, but mostly the only difference between the same type of cabin is which deck its on.

4A is the lowest deck of inside cabins, 4B is the next deck up etc. The number is the category and the A, B, C shows you which deck its on.

Most people try and get mid ship, more convenient and less motion. Actually the lower and mid ship is the least motion, but folks dont care as long as they are mid ship. Very fore or aft you get some noise at times, especially lower down and more motion, so those areas are less wanted.

Thank you! Would mid ship mean anywhere between the two banks of elevators/stairs or is it better the closer to center?

Archived